Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Introduce Yourself

Gord -B

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

The names Kevin, 29 years old and just started playing about 9 months ago.I know late bloomer here lol.I have a Ibanez from their jumpstart kit but quickly moved up to a Peavey Millennium 4 AC BXP and went and bought a real amp instead of the little practise amp that came with the kit.When I'm not playing I race Dirt Late Models at tracks in and around Ohio.

Welcome Kevin,

Bass playing and auto racing, it just does not get any better than that. :thu:

Especially in the dirt (the race cars, of course) :D

Rocky :snax:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

Hi Phil,

Thanks for all your posts....just got in from a gig... play about 7-10 gigs a week now + I am really thankful for all the work.

I have a little buzz from the red grape + I am a bit introspective + it all seems so vain compared to what Adrian is going through...I see that you have an interest in gospel music as of late...... cool stuff. I don't want to seem preachy, but when you know what is about to happen at the end..(by Faith)... there is a certain joy that follows.

I can tell that you are a good compassionate dude + that is what makes this place so special..............keep holdin' down the bottem end my friend. :)

Best,

kenny

http://web.mac.com/vibechekmusic/iWeb/site/Home.html

www.vibechekmusic.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am Basoshlop, which translates 'Bassslapper' from Russian, so it pretty much makes it unnecessary to add that I am a bassplayer from Russia). I love good music no matter what style, even more so because it's sometimes hard to categorize, as styles merge with some bands. Nevertheless I'd say most of all I like good pop music (like Simly Red or Sade), traditional jazz, but also jazz rock, funk and funk-rock and fusion and also classical music and so much more. As for me I am in a band which plays good old rock, but sometimes I play with other bands as well. Well, that's about it. Nice to meet you all guys.

Bassplayers of the world, unite!

SWEET My name is Silvano and im from north jersey. As far as bass playing goes it all started on my dads yamaha guitar when i was 4 then in 6th grade i played cello and finnaly got my first bass when i was in 8th grade i play at my church every weds and ive been in a few bands my latest creation www.mypace.com/logicorconscience but i ve only been playing for 3 years and i cant get enough

GOD bless and keep rocking the low end

GOD BLESS

www.myspace.com/logicorconscience

You guys will love the jam http://www.myspace.com/symlife

howdy y'all, I'm Bekkie. Relatively new to playing bass. My husband is a very talented musician and he is teaching me. I guess we are the old folks here, my husband Jim is over 60 and I am closing in on that number. Too quickly if you ask me. We live in southern Ohio and we see Kentucky from where we live. We have just retired from truck driving (we were team driving) and are just getting back into our music. It was a great blessing to find y'all and glean so much great information. So much has changed since we were playing full time. We are trying to catch up. It won't take long for Jim but it might be a while before I cotton on to the new stuff. Guess you could call me Granny Bekkie lol thanks guys

Hey im Carson Im 16 and ive been playing bass and acoustic guitar for 8 years now, but i specialize in my bass playing... Jack Bruce is my idol... I love Blues and Classic Rock... i play in a band called White Summer we have a demo and a myspace as well as our own website. I'm not sure if its allowed to post links in here but ill do it anyways lol

myspace: http://www.myspace.com/whitesummertheband

I own 5 bass' in total plus my acoustic guitar and am getting another bass soon.

My main choice at the moment to play is my Deluxe Active Fender Jazz Bass.

White Summer's Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/whitesummertheband

White Summer's Site:

http://www.whitesummertheband.com

Hi Carson,

16 years old, playin' da Bues on a Fender Deluxe Active Jazz.

Oh my, you have arrived at an early age.

Welcome to the LowDowners.

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

Welcome Carson,

8 years of playing and only 16! The tune on myspace is pretty cool. Prodution is good and sounds tight. Stick around, your about to meet some of the coolest bass players around the world right here! (me excluded, I just ride the coat-tails) You'll be able to find out about pretty much everything you need finding out about (or should I say a-boot?) and more. :)

Peace,

Brocko

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

• 2 weeks later...

hey, I am Karl.

I play an unbranded J-bass style thing. Its purple bust so all is good. Sounds nice enough. I love funk. Iv been playing for just over a year. I actually don't know what level I am playing at but my mates reckon at about grade 5 or 6 all though my teacher is making me play at grade 3. I'm totally self taught and... nothing else to say. Bye!

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

Greetings, fellow low-end geniuses!

My name's Ron. I'm a 42-year-old bassist living in Cincinnati. I play in a four piece called "The Four of Me", doing slow to medium groove originals. Grew up in New Orleans, where I made a living playing on Bourbon Street for about four years.

Went to college, got my BA & MA and now work as a senior writer at an advertising agency.

Have a wife (elementary teacher), two daughters--McKenzie (14) and Delaney (8) and one son--James (17) who's about to leave for Army Reserve boot camp! Plus, he's a better bass player than his old man!

I play a Schecter Elite 5-string through a Carvin BR610/Peavey 115 BW set-up, with a Fender Rumble 100 to practice on in the home studio (with headphones of course!)

Nice to meet you!

Archived