Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

If you were a bass, what would you be?

JDL

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wanted so badly to say I would be a beat-up old P, but, I'm not beat up (musically speaking) and I'm far from old. I guess I'm just a good sounding American Jazz (not a deluxe--I'm not good enough to call myself deluxe) with a few character marks. I probably have a decent 2-tone sunburst with a few minor flaws on the back.

Either a Fender Premium™ washtub with the galvanized "heavy metal finish" and the optional chitlin'-grease neck finish -

- or a fan-fretted nine-string with a low F# and going up to high Bb just half a step below the guitar's B-string. Maybe a semi-hollow body and magnetic, piezo, and Lightwave pickups ; }

<-- greenboy ---<<<<    can guess all too easily what the choices must have been

Originally posted by SteveC:

I don't know what kind I'd be, but I know I'd like to be in the hands of a really hot woman playing me night after night, her hand moving up and down my..........

Oh, sorry, I got a little distracted there........

Did you mean to say that you'd be one of Rhonda Smith's Laklands? ;)

Damn, she can play.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

I thought that was Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam fame that cracked himself in the skull with his bass after tossing it into the air. Maybe not?

Anywho, I'd be a Fender Jazz...all American, easy to play, with all the loving care one should show a good bass.

Of course, I do find my Washburn 5 to be a nice comfort to a rainy day.

Originally posted by patrick_dont_fret:

I thought that was Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam fame that cracked himself in the skull with his bass after tossing it into the air. Maybe not?

Nope, definitely Novoselic. Watch for the "Best of..." shows, the clip turns up pretty often...

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

What about that stand up bass used in the video for stray cat strut? You know the one, he used it as a pogo stick in the solo.

:)

--------

findley----)young lust poster child

Double what we got o mr. roboto

Double

Double

Archived