Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hi from a Welsh Song Writer!

Hi there..I am new here and hope to hear from fellow song writers/musicians to exchange ideas!

I am 45 years of age!..but music has no age!!

I play keyboards and guitar, have lots od contacts in the music "biz" and hope to hear from similar people soon!

My influences are E.L.O. ( Jeff Lynne) and O.M.D (mates of mine).....byeee for now.

I am based near Manchester, U.K.

Bring back tunes and melodies!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome, Welshman!

I was just up your way not long ago...well, didn't make it to Manchester, but did get to Bristol, which isn't far from the Welsh border.

I dig your thoughts on bringing back tunes and melodies. I like ELO, The Move, and all as well, not so much the disco-ey ELO stuff, but the stuff where Jeff Lynne wasn't trying to have a hit record. ;)

My influences...probably similar. Big Beatles freak, Elvis Costello, Todd Rundgren...as well as some alt-country...whatever...as you say, it's the melody.

Don't forget to check out some of the other forums as well...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Thanks Tedster..will do!! I will be a regular poster on here now, the forums are brilliant!

Love that track you have there, nice chord changes and melody! I would love to put mine on here, can you give me advice on how to do it please, Tedster?

Thank you!

Bring back tunes and melodies!

Sure thing...first...you have to have it in mp3 format, for quick download. A lot of programs, such as MusicMatch Jukebox, iTunes, etc...will convert to mp3 format. If you're still having problems, go to Craig Anderton's forum ...do a bit of a search. The world-renowned engineer Bruce Swedien just posted there, because, although he knows how to make platinum albums, he didn't know how to make a CD :D ...so, he's got a thread where some of the forumites coached him on the process.

Then, you have to host it somewhere. If you have your own website, this will help. There are other sites that host music, like www.soundclick.com ...

Just use ftp to upload your tune to the host site, give us a link, and we oughta be able to hear it! If you're not familiar with ftp...there are probably a million online tutorials as to how to use it.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

hi guys...aussie songwriter here living in London. Been addicted to the keyboard group for 5 years...always forget to drop in here though.

moved to london to make pursue my writing/production dreams so we will see how it goes!

it would be nice to hear your stuff...mine can be heard at

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/sudeep_music.htm

see ya

Archived