Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New guy on the block.

Hello! I am new here. I've been an EQ Mag reader for ten years. My interests are voice acting, music recording and film sound design. I have experience in each (some more than others). My "room with is VU" is equipped with a Mackie 32x8 ADATs... blah blah blah. I am really into connecting with clients over the web and working from my project studio, it's slow building a business this way, but I think the freedom and opportunity are boundless. My web site has a lot of detail about my career. Cheers from near Vancouver BC Canada. I look forward to meaningful exchanges here.
Listen to my web site: www.geoffedwards.ca

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm I had to run a little utility--that's why the maintenance notice a few moments ago (around 2:30 EDT today)--to rebuild the member profiles...that seems to have fixed it--and I had to delete the server cache of the topic replies...could be a bug with new registrants...I'll keep on eye on it... Nice to have you aboard!

[quote]Originally posted by franknputer: [b]Hello, Geoff! Welcome to the Party! :D [img]http://www.graceuniversity.edu/admissions/visitgu/images/waving.jpg[/img][/b][/quote]Dang, Frank... I didn't get in on your group shot... I'm the guy behind the crowd passed out on the floor... :D :D :D
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b] [quote]Originally posted by franknputer: [b]Hello, Geoff! Welcome to the Party! :D [img]http://www.graceuniversity.edu/admissions/visitgu/images/waving.jpg[/img][/b][/quote]Dang, Frank... I didn't get in on your group shot... I'm the guy behind the crowd passed out on the floor... :D :D :D [/b][/quote]Hehe! There seem to be a lot more women in the group than I realized! :D ;) Dan South: Did you forget to tell me something? :) Valky

Valkyrie Sound:

http://www.vsoundinc.com

Now at TSUTAYA USA:

http://www.tsutayausa.com

Welcome Geoff! I was hoping that your last name was "Emerick", but you can't have everything, can you? :) Anyway, welcome to the site and thanks for not spamming on your first post (a common occurance around here for some strange reason, and one that results in instant retaliation by the "regulars").

Thanks Phil, Geoff Emerick now that would be an interesting guy to have on a forum... But alas you get little old me. A guy working hard and what he loves. I am a member of a number of Forums and learned a long time ago what constitutes spamming the boards. Now can I sell you some... Cheers. Geoff

LOL! :D Someone with a sense of humor is ALWAYS welcome around here! You should fit right in. Again, welcome! What type of stuff do you do? Are you a player? What do you play? Do you record? Well, tell us about your setup... give us a bit more info about yourself... :wave:

I have just visited your site, Geoff. It's great to know what do you do. Well, if you want to have a Spanish talk one day, please visit the Spanish Forum... we do some french and portuguese too ;) Welcome to the Music Player Network. :thu:

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Hi Geoff, and welcome to the group. There is a little bit of everything going on here. And, occasionally we even talk about music. There is only one thing that seems to get you irrevocably heckled regardless of how much you restitution you attempt to make, and that is shameless self-promotion (i.e. Spamming). There is a thread called "is your music any good". If you think you may have good music, you can post there. There is also a thread called "does your music suck". If you think your music might suck, you should post it there. I'm serious. The ribbing one poor naive guy had to endure for posting a bunch of links to his mp3's in his first post was enough to boggle the mind. He finally had to post his life story -and a tragic one at that- to get people to lay off him! And no, I'm not kidding! So I'm just letting you know in advance that unless you have a tragic life story, beware of the unpardonable sin! :eek: Apart from that, you've just found probably the single coolest group on the net. Let the good times roll. :thu:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Phil wrote: "What type of stuff do you do? Are you a player? What do you play? Do you record? Well, tell us about your setup... give us a bit more info about yourself..." I am a former radio show host on a national network in Canada (CBC). I was a rock journalist for about ten years, working TV and Radio. Then about 1992 I built a small project studio and began some rudimentary recording projects. Now I am a founding member of an independent film company we have three shorts out. My contribution was as head of the sound department. Which in the world of independent film making saw me doing the location sound, sound effects creation, sound design and mixing of the film. Our latest short was 32 minutes long so as you can imagine this was a mammoth undertaking. In addition I am a voice actor trying to break into the world of animation and I have several loyal clients for commercial production. Musically speaking I usually have several projects in various degrees of completion. My current fave (don't tell my other clients)? I have been working on an album with a talented guitarist and composer for the last two years. We meet every week at the studio and are getting near the end of the project. The guy is very talented and we are creating a project that draws from his blues background I would describe it as being a very rootsy sound with big strat guitar, some tasty slide and even some lap steel. So there you go Phil, thanks for asking and thanks for the warm welcome to this forum everybody. I think I am going to enjoy checking in here. Geoff

Hi Geoff,I have only been here a few months and find myself already a senior member,I am not quite sure how that happened .Most of the people on this forum seem to have way too much time on their hands or may have substance abuse problems,either way its good for a giggle,good luck with your venture..
I once had a quasi-religious experience..then I realised I'd turned up the volume.

Mark, your member becomes senior after 30 posts. You go Austin Powers ("gold member") after 500, and Platinum after 1,000. Stick around long enough, miss enough sleep and you may eventually join the ranks of us "high exalted MP Hall of Fame" members after you hit 2,000 posts. Slip Rob a bribe and he may even give you a "custom" status line... but that's usually reserved for people who have been around for a while... But no matter how long you're here, you shall NEVER catch up to Alphajerk... :)

[b]Geoff[/b], welcome to the site from another Geoff! :thu: As a sidebar, if you're interested in voice-over work, you might visit another forum here, [url=http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=18]The Keyboard Corner[/url] , for a few tips from moderator [b]Dave Bryce[/b]. He does VO work as a fairly steady second career. Also, he [url=http://www.musicplayer.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=003645]wrote an article[/url] about "how to record voice-over tracks from the comfort of your own home" on page 69 of the current (April 2002) issue of EQ. It sounds like you've already got a lot going on though, but I thought you might like to know of a potential source of assistance anyway. Best, Geoff Grace

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Archived