Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Could I fall in love again?

What is that thing, anyway?

That thing where you know you would be willing to go the distance with somebody and not count the cost?

It's pretty rare, isn't it??

Or could it be that I am just a hopelessly deluded romantic??? :confused:

You want details?? Well there is this woman I have met a few times, and she always smiles at me and seems encouraging. She doesn't really know me and i don't really know her... but I think she's awesome...

It occurs to me that if I don't smile back and take an interest in her and proceed in a positive manner I may very well lose what could be my last chance...

I hate being so shy :mad:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Phait:

Just do it.

Oddly enough I've asked a few out in the past few months and I'm still quite insecure. I don't know what possessed me to even do it but I did it. You just gotta do it.

That's where I'm at too, Phait... If she shoots me down, oh well, she's still probably going to be a pretty good friend, all things considered... I will still like her regardless...

I just gotta do it...

tease her. make fun of her. don't blab about how you feel about her. if she says "i love you" say "i know"-- like han solo-- act funny and cocky. don't focus too much on her or call her too much-- and don't be a wuss. grrrls don't like wussy boys. don't decide now that you love her-- make her prove that she's worth it! (you never can tell by looking...) if she asks direct questions evade her and keep some mystery. don't be afraid of her and if you are don't show it. be unpredictable and NEVER boring. don't be a jerk, but BE a MAN. works every time...

Chicks like it when you are mean to them. I would suggest you walk up to her and say; "So, ya go'n out with me or what? Hurry up and answer, cuz I don't like to wait."

That lets her know that YOU are in control. It makes her feel secure.

More than likely she'll smile and say "Yes"......just like that girl said to Bill Murray in Stripes, when he was proding her crotch with a spatula.....God, you can learn so much from that movie :idea::idea: .....But if she says 'No', then look at her and say; "Fine with me! I didn't want to go out with YOU ANYWAY!", then walk away. You'll be all she can think about. Then simply get one of her friends to play 'match-maker' between the two of you. The girl will feel like she's getting a second chance with you, and she better not blow it.

When you go to pick her up, tell her that you expect a kiss at the begining if the date. If she gives you a hard time about it, tell her you're leaving.....she'll cave.

Don't worry about it. Just take charge. Everything will be fine. Chicks dig it when guys show 'em whose boss! :thu:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

buy her a car and a house and give her half yer money. THEN ask her out.

if she says "no," it'll be just as though you actually got married then divorced but,... you'll save loads of time and grief....

-d. gauss

Originally posted by Lee Flier:

Unless she's a major psycho hosebeast, that's what she will appreciate.

Excellent! I haven't heard that one in a longtime!

1 point goes to Lee - for first chuckle of the morning.

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Originally posted by Oats:

tease her. make fun of her. don't blab about how you feel about her. if she says "i love you" say "i know"-- like han solo-- act funny and cocky. don't focus too much on her or call her too much-- and don't be a wuss.

Yes, good advice. Just have fun, tease her (in a fun way, obviously!!). And don't make her feel like she's being pursued. When you ask her to do something, have it be something fun that naturally stimulates conversation rather than something "heavy" like a date. Let things occur organically. And just have fun. It works much better that way, and you and her have much more fun, and you greatly increase the chances of her being attracted to you. Don't be a jerk, but don't be needy or give all the power to her by pursuing, acting "needy", asking how she feels about future relationship stuff at first, or any of that.

tease her. make fun of her. don't blab about how you feel about her. if she says "i love you" say "i know"-- like han solo-- act funny and cocky. don't focus too much on her or call her too much-- and don't be a wuss. grrrls don't like wussy boys. don't decide now that you love her-- make her prove that she's worth it! (you never can tell by looking...) if she asks direct questions evade her and keep some mystery. don't be afraid of her and if you are don't show it. be unpredictable and NEVER boring. don't be a jerk, but BE a MAN. works every time...

I have to disagree. Be yourself. Don't act at all. :)

I've heard this advice before, and more importantly, I've heard that it really works! Unfortunately, I haven't tried it myself. :( I can't get my mouth to work right. I usually just mumble a simple greeting and go on with my business. :(

Oh, and if you're going to be a jerk, be one of those, "I'm so hot every chick wants to get inside my pants" type of jerks. ;) She may wonder why you think you're such hot stuff and do a little investigating. ;)

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Originally posted by Lee Flier:

Geesh. Trance, don't listen to any of these guys. :P You've got the right idea. Just be nice to her, show interest back and be yourself. Unless she's a major psycho hosebeast, that's what she will appreciate.

Lee,

Jeff offered some of the best advice one could give...

I wouldn't skip ahead to love just yet. Try "getting to know" and perhaps "liking" first, and see how that goes.

And sure, anyone can run into someone they end up loving on any given day. Why not?

- Jeff

However, I agree that the rest of it is hogwash. :D

My advice... flirt around with her, but don't seem too anxious. Learn her hobbies through nonchalant conversation and express an interest in what she enjoys doing. Discuss your hobbies and interests and see how receptive she is to your interests. If all goes smoothly in getting to know one another, then perhaps invite her to an event or outing that you both will enjoy.

By all means, be yourself and don't TRY to be anything else... if she's someone right for you; things will click easily. If you get bad vibes before you get going.... RUN!!!

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Archived