Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone wanna do it? 9 to 5?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by not Cereal:

um, did anyone actually ever work 9 to 5, really?

thats only 8 hours, when did ya eat?

the MINIMUM full shift i have ever worked is 8 1/2 hours, 8 hours work, 1/2 hour lunch.

I do on this current account. Actually, I usually work 7:30 to 3:30 or 8 to 4, but its only 8 hours and that includes a half hour to eat lunch.
There are two theories about arguing with a woman. Neither one works.

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

"Muskrat Love" wins on the basis of innovation. Name one other song with little muskrat purring noises in it.

I rest my case.

- Jeff

I see now... one rodent protecting the interests of another. How xenophobic. :D

As for the 8 hour day, was it was typical for employers to pay employees for their lunch half-hour, years ago? I thought that went away in most places when labor unions started losing power and companies started cutting costs to the bone.

Anyone on true salary generally has a guideline for lunch and other breaks, but so long as they get the job done many employers don't keep tabs on how long they take for lunch.

Not to mention all the working lunches many management types take. Sure, many get free lunch in the form of a corporate credit card for they and their clients, but as they have to be there it isn't really a break from work.

Business labor practices have changed a lot in the past 20 - 30 years.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

"Muskrat Love" wins on the basis of innovation. Name one other song with little muskrat purring noises in it.

I rest my case.

- Jeff

Somehow I just can't imagine a muskrat being cuddly and cozy to nestle up to as to how the song projected... http://www.eco-usa.net/fauna/muskrat.jpg

Those little "gerbil" noises that were added by Captain and Tenille were almost enough to make me upchuck.... Although, I must admit, gerbils are much cuter to look at than slimey sewer rat looking muskrats... ewe

I actually liked the original version done by America... Of course, I always liked Horse with No Name also.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Clearly, there is bias; Weasel is merely distracted by the purring sounds...possible love interest, can't make it out, quite.

Hell, it's why his avatar has stopped playing the LP. Just look at it...that is DEFINITELY the look of one rodent looking for another to hump.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

A weasel is NOT a rodent, damnit! It's a mustelid!

Mustelids are mammals that belong to the weasel family. Mustelids include 65 species (and 25 genera) of weasels, badgers, ferrets, fishers, grisons, martens, otters, polecats, stoats, minks, tayras, wolverines, and more. The earliest mustelids appeared during the early Oligocene Epoch, roughly 35 million years ago.

These fearless carnivores (meat-eaters) live in Africa, Europe, Asia, and North and South America. The smallest mustelid is the least weasel, weighing 1.2 to 2.4 ounces (35-70 gms); the biggest mustelid is the South American giant otter, weighing 60-90 pounds.

Anatomy: Mustelids have well-developed anal scent glands wich produce a potent repellent smell. They have 5-toed feet with claws. Most have a long body, small, rounded ears, small eyes, and short legs.

Classification: kingdom Animalia, Phylum Chordata, Class Mammalia (mammals), Order Carnivora, Family Mustelidae (weasels, ferrets, minks, skunks, otters, badgers).

NOT A RODENT!!! :mad:

- Jeff

"Mustelid Love" isn't a chart-climber.

SOL, I'd say.

No matter what: you are still a weasel. Remember that.

(offramp walks into the black, whistling "Sussudio"...the horn lines, to be exact...)

(offramp walks back into the spotlight...)

oh, and BTW, it's:

damn

dammit

damnation

there's no "n" in dammit. it is simply not pronounced.

'course....there's no way for a RODENT to know that.

(offramp walks back out of the spotlight, whistling 'Sussudio' horn parts....)

Okay Weasel, so you're not a rodent... rather you're kin to Pepe' La Pu

http://blog.literaryhero.com/media/1/20050406-PepeLePu.gif

Hey... there's another chart buster we can add to the track list of most repulsive songs....

Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road :D

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Originally posted by Tedster:

...one was "9 to 5" and one was "Afternoon Delight"...I think I'd have to pick "9 to 5"

Wh-a-a-a-a-t?!? :eek:

Afternoon Delight is grea-a-a-a-a-a-t!!! :idea:

That's very different... :o

Never mind.

http://homepage.mac.com/musicproduction/.Pictures/EmilyLitella.jpg

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Originally posted by Anifa:

So what's the scoop??? Is this something that we'll be doing soon, or just an idea?

I'm allready working on the basics and will post a link to an mp3 soon Ani.

Today I'm in Amsterdam,... was supposed to meet Halljams here but I haven't heard anything of him yet so dunno where to find him.

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

I am hip!!!

I have not read the thread...but if you want to do something, I am on.

Lets slow it down and do a blues groove, change the lyrics to reflect the board and members and lets go!!!!

It absolutley must have vibe.

Putting on my producers hat here....

I would say, very tight, and talented for the intro, first 2 Verses and Cho, then to final it out, anything goes, adlib like Hey Jude.

Bill Roberts Precision Mastering

-----------Since 1975-----------

Originally posted by boosh:

Originally posted by Anifa:

So what's the scoop??? Is this something that we'll be doing soon, or just an idea?

I'm allready working on the basics and will post a link to an mp3 soon Ani.

Today I'm in Amsterdam,... was supposed to meet Halljams here but I haven't heard anything of him yet so dunno where to find him.

Can I suggest once you have the team together you shift things to collab corner? No risk your threads will fall off the front page there ;)

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone that's interested,....

I wrote an intro and recorded a rough version of it,...

It's the style of my band ,.. well the music we make,...give it a listen. Feedback is appreciated,...after my lyrics the female voice is supposed to kick in with the first lines of 9 to 5.

9 to 5 bushcollectors style

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

Archived