Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone wanna do it? 9 to 5?

A week ago I bought this american cookbook and I discovered that a lot af American food is from somwehere else.

Same with music.

I started listening to US music a lot,..specially things like the Judds and Dolly Parton,..don't ask me why ;) My 'cause it's BBQ time overhere.

Now Today I started working on a cover,..usually don't do that but I love this song so much I wanna make a european/American blend of it.

Was wondering if you guys are interested in participating just for fun.

song : 9 to 5 - Dolly Parton

I was thinking about the following people to work on this one:

Lead vocals : Anifa

guitar : Lee flier

dobro or banjo : Craig Anderton

Bass : Boosh

Additional Male Vocals : Boosh

Drum Programming : Boosh

Drums : Techcristian

Composition : Angelo Clematide

Internet page design : Phait

Art director/photos : Offramp

Management : Shars

Talking Funny : Arell Spencer

Making Dolphin sanwiches: Wewus

Marketing : The Weasel

Mastering : Bill Roberts

Mixing : Bruce S./Dave Reitzas

Keys : is there Gas in the Car

Just a little list,..... Came into my head because I thought with people like this on one forum we could take over the top ten of the US billboards in no time,....so much talent here,...

But seriously if anyone wants to join in on this cover(even if you're not mentioned - list was for fun) reply and we start it up.

I didn't post this on the collaborate forum 'cause the people that need to participate are more overhere than there ( is that english?) ;)

Boosh

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm leaving for a 2-month trip to India in a few days, so I cannot participate.

Unfortunately, I still don't know exactly where we're going within India, either....

Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows:

I'm leaving for a 2-month trip to India in a few days, so I cannot participate.

Unfortunately, I still don't know exactly where we're going within India, either....

Ken, on Sitar!

How about Opus the Penguin on Lead Tuba? (If you want him you'll have to use tuna safe dolphin on those sandwiches. Or is that the other way around. I forget. :freak: )

If this really happens I'd like to participate on acoustic guitar. If it turns out interesting I might be able to get a copy to Dolly. (And that goes whether I get to play on it or not. ;) )

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I can make an intensely annoying growling/motorcycle/frog/gurgling noise in the back of my throat/depths of my bowels, which would ensure UK chart success :thu:
Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Originally posted by Angelo Clematide:

isn't the tune already composed?

you wanna have it arranged?

...maybe with a Reggae feel, so Dolly can bounce, sorry i mean Anifa!

Anifa sorry, i know, you don't like jokes like that!

That's what I meant ;)

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

If this really happens I'd like to participate on acoustic guitar. If it turns out interesting I might be able to get a copy to Dolly. (And that goes whether I get to play on it or not. ;) )

I'm working on it now ;) allways room for an acoustic.

I'm sorry that I'm not one of the jiggle when you giggle girls.... but... mine are big enough, they are healthy, they are the real deal, and they do not fall over the edge nor do they disappear when I lay on my back... ;) You are talking about a woman's pride here... Dolly can keep her bodacious Ta Ta's, I'm content with what I have.

Of course, there will be no demonstrations... you'll just have to take my word for it.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Boosh... it's possibly the worst song.

Ever.

In the entire history of songs.

As a recreational diversion, I'd pick covering myself with Worcester sauce and jumping naked into a pen of rabid, starved pit bulls over covering 9 To 5.

But apart from that, yeah, you should definitely record this. :thu:

- Jeff

I dunno, Jeff, if I went to hell and had a choice between hearing one of two songs over and over again for the rest of eternity, and one was "9 to 5" and one was "Afternoon Delight"...I think I'd have to pick "9 to 5"
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I'm appalled, Jeff! You don't have to like it, but 9 to 5 is a wonderful song with intelligent lyrics that pretty much sums up the trials and tribulations of working women.. and men. Add to that Dolly's wonderful delivery and a convincing acting job in the movie and you have one heck of a song used to perfect effect!

Go back to your pointy guitars and distortion and you can tune it all out. :P

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

um, did anyone actually ever work 9 to 5, really?

thats only 8 hours, when did ya eat?

the MINIMUM full shift i have ever worked is 8 1/2 hours, 8 hours work, 1/2 hour lunch.

but usually its more than that. like the 14hour sound gigs from hell ( 9 bands in 9 hours plus setup/teardown - nobreak)

You're right Neil.

I wasn't thinking about "Sussudio" when I said "9 To 5" was the worst song ever in the history of songs.

Hey, y'all could do a whole album of my least favorite hit songs. You could throw in "Abracadabra" by Steve Miller as the third track! Yes!

I mean, no!

- Jeff

Archived