Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: A web tribute to our British forumites

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TheWewus:

I sense some underlying anger here. Perhaps you'd like to expound on that nursers, old chap.

Nah - there used to be underlying anger until we thrashed the Poms in cricket for the 10th year in a row - now I just feel sorry for em ;)

Seriously though - the UK rocks :thu:

Originally posted by nursers:

there used to be underlying anger until we thrashed the Poms in cricket for the 10th year in a row - now I just feel sorry for em ;)

Seriously though - the UK rocks :thu:

Hey Nursers - three words - Rugby World Cup

:P

My sister lives in Perth. One day, when I can afford it, I'll visit her, and my old buddies in Queensland.

Big Hat. No Cattle.

http://www.theshrinks.com/

It stands for Peace Of Mind, which means we're really happy up here in the northern hemisphere with our damp climate and grey skies, rather than having to live in warmth and sunhine like our poor old antipodean cousins. See, we don't have deadly poisonous creatures like killer spiders that bite you on the arse when you're having a poo. My mate Simon, who now lives in Queensland, nearly died when he touched a plant in his back yard. Yep, a bizarre gardening accident.... :)

Big Hat. No Cattle.

http://www.theshrinks.com/

Originally posted by TheWewus:

Splain the term POM, what's that mean?

Prisoner of Mother England or pomigranite - a reddish coloured fruit that native Australians (Aboriginals) thought had a similar colour to the skin of sunburnt Brits.

Pom: 'Oi, convict, get your shit stars off our flag!'

Aussie: Fuck off pom, get your shit cricketers off our cricket ovals and give us our fucking ashes - they've been ours since 1989!'

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Archived