Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Closed topic....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TheWewus:

PHIL, this has happened about 5 times already. The guy is playing everyone here, including you.

Remember wht happened a couple of weeks ago? Playing with the moderators is generally not a good idea. And I'd rather not have Craig have to resort to something like that again. Which means we need to get our act together. Easiest way, if we can't get along, is to IGNORE threads and people who you can't agree with.

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

PHIL, this has happened about 5 times already. The guy is playing everyone here, including you.

Remember wht happened a couple of weeks ago? Playing with the moderators is generally not a good idea. And I'd rather not have Craig have to resort to something like that again. Which means we need to get our act together. Easiest way, if we can't get along, is to IGNORE threads and people who you can't agree with.
Gimme a break man. I already made that speech you and Lee just made about people's choice in music being subjective, a couple of times, I guess you missed that, and it ain't working on wayne. He's deliberately messing with everyone here.

WAYNE IS A TROLL. A clever one, but still a troll.

As per requested by Phil and Craig, the topic of Ashlee Simpson IN CONCERT, is now closed. Please don't ask me for any more information about the concert.

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

WAYNE IS A TROLL. A clever one, but still a troll.

Setting aside the accuracy of this statement for a moment (IMO, Wayne's not a troll, but is certainly engaging in some trollish behaviour)...

Q. What is the BEST way, the only surefire way, to deal with a troll?

A. IGNORE THEM!

See what I'm talking about?

:D

Gotta admit, I've had some laughs over this.

But I still think he genuinely enjoyed that concert.

That Fiona Apple piece that somebody linked to was no less gushing than what wayne wrote about ashlee, and was it not written by a man much older than Fiona??

Nobody is calling him a pedophile...

Hell, I'm about wayne's age and I could have written something that contained as much love and admiration for Fiona Apple...

That does not mean I feel "lust in my heart" for her, as Jimmy Carter might have put it, just that I feel genuine admiration and respect for her as a human being despite the disparity in our ages...

<>

Here's the deal. READ THIS AND THINK.

I don't have time to read all the posts. I don't get paid to do this. I have a lot to deal with right now. I depend on people to act like adults. Obviously, my faith is sometimes misplaced.

I went to page 6 of the Ashlee thread and didn't like what I saw, so I closed it. That was enough. I didn't need other reasons, I didn't need to spend any more time on it, I had no desire to read though a series of infantile exchanges, and I didn't need to deal with adults acting on a level that my 9-year-old daughter passed many years ago.

I greatly appreciate Phil jumping in here, he's a class act but frankly, he deserves better than having to deal with this.

I'll leave this thread on a lighter note:

(Person at seminar during Q&A): "Mr. Anderon, what courses should I take at college to best prepare me for the music industry?"

(Me): "I would suggest child psychology."

and now, news from the lighter side:

A penguin was driving to see his aunt and his car broke down, so he had to stop at the next town for engine repair.

The mechanic told the penguin to leave his car with him for about two hours, to find out what's wrong.

The penguin goes across the street to a restaurant and orders some vanilla ice cream. You know how penguins love vanilla ice cream.

When the two hours was up the penguin went back to the garage to find out what happened to his car.

When the penguin entered the garage, the mechanic looked at him and said, "Looks like you blew a seal."

The penguin wiped his beak and said, "Uh, no, that's just vanilla ice-cream!" :D

www.ruleradio.com

"Fame is like death: We will never know what it looks like until we've reached the other side. Then it will be impossible to describe and no one will believe you if you try."

- Sloane Crosley, Village Voice

Originally posted by daddyelmis:

and now, news from the lighter side:

A penguin was driving to see his aunt and his car broke down, so he had to stop at the next town for engine repair.

The mechanic told the penguin to leave his car with him for about two hours, to find out what's wrong.

The penguin goes across the street to a restaurant and orders some vanilla ice cream. You know how penguins love vanilla ice cream.

When the two hours was up the penguin went back to the garage to find out what happened to his car.

When the penguin entered the garage, the mechanic looked at him and said, "Looks like you blew a seal."

The penguin wiped his beak and said, "Uh, no, that's just vanilla ice-cream!" :D

There was this eagle flying around in the air, looking for dinner.

He spied a frog hopping along on the ground.

He swooped down on the poor frog and swallowed him down in a single gulp.

The frog didn't know what had hit him. he made his way through the eagle's digestive tract to the anus, poked his head out, and saw that he was already high above the ground.

Realizing what had happened, he called, "Hey, eagle."

The eagle replied, "yeah, frog, whaddya want?"

"how high up are we?"

"oh, about a mile"

the frog thought about this, and then replied:

"You wouldn't shit me now, would ya?"

posted by Craig:

I greatly appreciate Phil jumping in here, he's a class act but frankly, he deserves better than having to deal with this.
This exact, and I mean, THE EXACT, EXACT same thing has happened with wayne at least 3 times before. I called him out, bunny called him out, and we clued everybody in to what was going on, but they just kept playing along. Let's argue with wayne, shall we?

People like messing with wayne, and he obviously gets some kind of thrill out of pretending to be clueless, so......what's the problem really? If wayne wants to be our pet troll, maybe we should just let him.

It's kind of a harmless discussion, argument, whatever, if you think about it. Maybe it's fulfilling some kind of need.

Someday I'll tell you some other wiseass answers at seminars. Nothing like weeks on the road to bring out the best in somebody. But as a teaser, here's another one of my personal favorites.

I was doing a seminar in Nashville on synthesis and synthesizer programming. It was a huge crowd.

(Person in audience): "So how do you get a good guitar sound?"

(Me, taken aback): (Pause) "Hey, you're in effing NASHVILLE! Hire an effing guitarist!"

Originally posted by Anderton:

Someday I'll tell you some other wiseass answers at seminars. Nothing like weeks on the road to bring out the best in somebody. But as a teaser, here's another one of my personal favorites.

I was doing a seminar in Nashville on synthesis and synthesizer programming. It was a huge crowd.

(Person in audience): "So how do you get a good guitar sound?"

(Me, taken aback): (Pause) "Hey, you're in effing NASHVILLE! Hire an effing guitarist!"

You gotta write a book :thu:

My unneeded 2 cents since Lee, phil and even Wewus seems to have hit the nail on the head.

Wayne is trolling. Everyone here has different tastes but I don't see too many people wasting the sheer amount of bandwidth on their guilty pleasure. One thread maybe two. I saw Gwar in November and it was one of the top ten shows I have seen in a long list of metal shows attended. I really don't expect anyone here to care. Since a lot of my tastes are in the minority I wouldn't dream of polluting this haven with myu opinion. I think the backlash is due to the fact that Wayne is acting like some sort of evangelist in the church of Ashlee. This type of behavior is generally not welcome anywhere. Picture Craigs party scenario. everyone is dispersed around the room having discussions and someone comes in looking all wild eyed raving like some crazed preacher. That is disruptive behavior and usually will result in the type of response he got.

Reach out and grab a clue.

Something Vicious

My solo crap

Archived