Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rumors of my demise

Yeah, I'm being a bit of a dilletante here lately.

I'd like to thank all the people who apparently remember me, that makes me feel good... but I don't know if the "old Chip" is "here", really.

If you see me appear in the politics forum, make me leave. Thanks (the management)

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livemusic: it's actually been a lot more than a year, but in some ways a lot less....

Originally posted by TheWewus:

Welcome back Chip. You gotta be careful in that political forum. The know nothing sheeple have a very strong pimp hand.

They're a cult, I know.

Thanks to all...

Originally posted by TinderArts:

Check out that member number - 184!!!!

I'd try to make a joke along the lines of something about the member's mold, but...

Actually, I was registered to a different name before that, but something happened to that account and I ended up with this one.

WHICH... I thought was rather ironically amusing given a certain, ah... associate member's postings, back during election time, who had certain Orwellian affiliations.

Chip, I too am among those who say welcome back. We missed you.

If you've done one thing during your respite, I hope it's coming to the conclusion that you must not take anything here very seriously.

Remember, don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Hey Chip! Welcome back!

That said, what the heck have you been up to during your absence here? What happened after the whole music store debacle? (Sorry to open old wounds, but that was about the last thing I remember you posting.)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Chip, I am glad to see you back around at last. :)

As it regards the Political Forum, I must say given the fact you would bring reasoned, articulate responses to threads, you'd probably be ridden out on a rail fairly quickly...so watch your step! :freak:

Oh, and Chip...since I suspect you would have no reason to take this personally..."diletante" only has one "L." ;)

Namaste,

aeon

Go tell someone you love that you love them.

Tinderarts, Tedster, Livemusic, Wewus, Ken, WF Turner, Super 8, DC, The Stranger, Botch, Craig, Phil, Cereal, Khan, Daklander, Geoff Grace, Fantasticsound, Drew, nursers, alcohol, Foxtick,aeon, Dan (thanks again..), Kris, Gatorwing..

Wow, thanks all.. I'm going to print this out... makes me feel good, thanks...

Sigh.

I haven't done anything productive, as I see it.

Just teaching guitar at my now one-man music school operation. The music store debacle - I'll have to think about which store was involved at that time (there's been .. a lot of crap going on)..?

hmm. well - the store finally went under, and now one guy is trying to do a band rental/orchestra type store, and another guy is trying to hold on with the remnants of the stock of the old store.

I'm teaching at my own place, Augusta School of Music, which - due to the politics of the situation a few years ago when I quit "here" - is now just me, which means my overhead is killing me.

Meanwhile, ironically the area population is exploding. I would have plenty of business, EXCEPT...

Now everyone teaches guitar. At the area stores let me see...there's probably 10 out of 14 teachers that used to be students of mine.

It's ironic - business in one sense has never been better, but now I'm competing with people I used to teach. So I've essentially shot myself in the foot.

On top of that, since I'm on my own and don't have foot traffic, I'm afraid to raise my rates to what everyone else is now charging in town - $70 - which means I'm stuck at income tied to the economy of about 1995. Financial limbo.

Meanwhile, I've got way too many musical ideas without a direction to go in, so I've started and stopped recording my solo cd at least 3 times, and have probably erased about.... 50 gb worth of music over the past year or so, due to inadequately defined philosophical positions on what I should have on a cd and how it should be, etc. etc. etc.... ad infinitum.

With nothing to show for it except about 140 pieces of unfinished music - of all genres, except a lot is hybrids that don't seem to fall into any category that's "useful"...

Having had, at the same time I left "here", I had something of a rather harsh awakening in my personal life, so I've been doing the loner thing as well. That's now gotten to me rather... abrasively, for various reasons. I'm pretending I don't know the date of today.

So there you go. I think I checked the "old Chip" at the door when I left whenever it was. So unfortunately, I'm afraid my stay here will be brief and probably not as entertaining. I looked over some of my old posts from wayyy back and I'm so blithe and carefree... I'm sorry, that person isn't here I don't think. But thanks for the welcome...

Archived