Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

looking for movies with.........

A lot of crying. If you guys could help me compile a list of movies on DVD that have a lot of crying/weeping of one person or groups of people that would be great. I am looking for scenes with no music if possible. So think of depressing movies or sad movies and post them here. If you have specific scenes that would help also!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a lot of crying, but How about some classic crying?

Lee J. Cobb does some fine crying at the end of '12 Angry Men'.

Brando in the "Look what they've done to my boy" scene from 'The Godfather' after Sonny gets whacked. I think he was crying, at least for a Don.

Uma in Kill Bill Volume 1 after she realizes her baby is not in her tummy.

The Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz cries for courage.

"The Wizard of Oz" is a terrific crying movie. In addition to the Cowardly Lion, the Tin Woodman cries when he gets his heart, the guard at Oz's gate cries when he hears Dorothy describe what she and the other three have gone through, and Dorothy herself cries at the drop of a hat.

You know who else is a great crier? Mary Tyler Moore. See if you can get "The Dick Van Dyke Show" or "The Mary Tyler Moore" on DVD.

"Man on Fire"

One of the final scenes with the little girl crying is heartbreaking... Not a lot of crying in the movie, but this final scene takes the prize, I think.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Originally posted by ryst:

antimatter,

Thanks. But I am looking for more serious, emotional scenes. Like in Dead Man Walking where Sean Penn admits to Susan Sarandon about murdering the two teenagers. Nothing comical or funny

WARNING: "Mystic River" spoiler in the paragraph below

Speaking of Sean Penn, Mystic River scene when he realizes his daughter is in the river and all the cops are trying to prevent him from going there to see her.

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

The beginning of There's Something About Mary, you know the scene, and I defy you to tell me those aren't genuine tears :eek:

But seriously....

A Time To Kill, at the end of the trial when Matthew McConogahigerrywhatever talks the jury through the attack on Sam Jackson's daughter. I think the scene is also without music, but I haven't seen it in a while...

Or Titanic, come to think of it, when it goes back to the old Rose telling the story and Bill Paxman's team are all in tears...

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Couple more:

The Sixth Sense, the chap at the beginning who shoots Bruce Willis.

Saving Private Ryan, Tom Hanks at various points & old man Ryan at the beginning and end.

Spider-Man (1st one), Peter after his Uncle's funeral.

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

is this for sampling some crying, ryst? interesting.

i'm one of those people who can't remember names very well. so not much point in me posting "yeah, that film, whatsit, with that woman, you know erm".. etc i've got one film in my head that has an awesome crying scene, an amazing english acress, very underrated.. she's my ma's favorite so i'll ask her when i see her.

but preytell, whats it for?

Best crying scene that comes to mind is from the movie Full Metal Jacket, it's the character of "Gomer Pyle" played by the brilliant Vincent D`Onofrio.

This is the boot camp scene which is right after the multiple f-ups by Pyle during basic training, which caused the entire barricks to "soap" Private Pyle.

Basically while he's sleeping, they strap Pyle down with a bed sheetover his body, then everyone on the barricks comes over and beats him hard with a bar of soap in a tube sock. Afterwards, Pyle lies there crying desperately for what seemed like hours. Very uncomfortable to watch.

Now there's some adult crying for ya!

TROLL . . . ish.

Well, guys.....If you really have to know.... ;)

I am putting together an intro for my band when we play live. Actually our show will kinda be like "Dark Side Of The Moon". Just continuous from beginning to end. Each song will have some sort of ambient glue to mix everything together. So for this particular peice, I am trying to find good emotional intense sounds of peope really crying and it's going to be mixed with some really dark Gregorian Chant music. I want to have the gregorian chant be in the foreground and have the crying be in the background. I'm not sure if it is going to sound the way I have it in my head or if it will just plain suck. But once i put something decent together I will post it here and you guys can tell me watcha think. Cool? By the way, thanks for all the suggestions so far. good stuff!!!!

Well, guys.....If you really have to know....

That all sounds pretty cool, actually :thu:

Just be mindful of copyrights and fair use, all that rot. Btw, have you possibly asked the people around your immediate circle to audition some fake crying? Maybe they'd be able to pull it off pretty good, and you can kinda `direct' them a little bit.

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Archived