Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha YC v1.4

V1.30 to V1.40

New features

A new VCM Organ type has been added.

A new setting “Live Set EQ” has been added.

The time length for the Auto Power Off function has been changed.

New Live Set Sounds as well as an updated Live Set Sound have been added.

Fixed problems

Fixed minor problems.

• Like 3

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Will start by saying I think the YC61 is a great keyboard.  Got it right after it came out and have appreciated the expansive 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 updates.  That said, this 1.4 update is something of a "nothing burger" for my purposes at least.  The new H4 organ is very nice but it's a lot like the H1 with a modestly deeper low and high end and a more rounded percussion.  The release says it's nice for jazz left hand bass...I can see that...but when I think of all the other well supported requests on Ideascale, it was a little disappointing that the primary focus of the update was something I never saw mentioned there and then thinking it might be another 18 months (if ever at this point) there will be another one.  Oh well...it's still a great keyboard and at the end of the day the Big Y will only give us what they want to give us.

My two wishes were a decent Clav and more patch storage so I can have presets and users side by side without having to mess with usb drives. 

Organs were already very good.

• Like 1

Yamaha YC73

Korg Kronos2 61

Yamaha CP88

Roland Jupiter 8

Roland JX3P

Roland D50

Sold my YC61 on due to the keyboard issues, can't say there is anything here that would have been if interest had I kept it.

• Like 1

Korg Grandstage 73, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

8 hours ago, Dave Keys said:

My two wishes were a decent Clav and more patch storage so I can have presets and users side by side without having to mess with usb drives. 

Organs were already very good.

In addition to the updated Clav samples that we were made aware of earlier on the YamahaSynth Idea Scale site, I was also hoping for high quality Pipe Organs plus improved "synth sound" capabilities.   This modest update is somewhat disturbingly concerning to me.

----------------------------------------------------------

Gig: Yamaha MODX7, NumaX 73 Piano  Studio: Kawai ES-920; Hammond SK Pro 73; Yamaha Motif ES7 w/DX,VL,VH; Yamaha YC 73; Kawai MP-6; Numa Compact 2x

New H4 organ is OK. Not really anything really different though...

The ability to store the master EQ settings for each live set position is a nice feature...

Yamaha - YC61 - P105 - MOX6 - HC2 -- Neo Vent 2

31 minutes ago, rogs said:

The ability to store the master EQ settings for each live set position is a nice feature...

I use that feature a lot on my CK. In fact, to me, the pianos on that board would be practically unusable without that feature (unless I wanted my piano EQ to be the EQ for every sound on the board).

• Like 2

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

On 9/9/2024 at 9:29 PM, The_Star_Guy said:

In addition to the updated Clav samples that we were made aware of earlier on the YamahaSynth Idea Scale site, I was also hoping for high quality Pipe Organs plus improved "synth sound" capabilities.   This modest update is somewhat disturbingly concerning to me.

disturbingly concerning?  Why it's a keyboard update. It isn't that serious.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com