Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Numa X Piano OS Update 2.4

54 minutes ago, TomKittel said:

I just installed the update on my Numa X 73. Wow, what a step forward! The pianos have a new shine and the keys play like butter. Brilliant! I really dig this keyboard.

• Like 3

LIFE IS SHORT, GO GET THE GEAR YOU WANT ;-)

20 minutes ago, TomKittel said:

I just installed the update on my Numa X 73. Wow, what a step forward! The pianos have a new shine and the keys play like butter. Brilliant! I really dig this keyboard.

Great news! Thanks for the info.

• Like 2

Wow! Sounds amazing. Will Update it this week when I get back to the Canyon House where my Numa lives.  

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Downloaded it and also was lucky enough to snag the new Studio D sound before it was pulled down.  Definitely improves the ability to tailor the sound to your playing circumstance...and of course sounds great.  It will be interesting to see how the experts here think it ranks compared to the best acoustic offerings on other hardware (Nord/Yamaha/Korg/Roland/Casio/Kawai)...but I suggest waiting until the Studio D is released before making those comparisons.

I am impressed with the ongoing support from Studiologic. I still had more tweaking to do on the new Stage D, and now I will start over with a whole new acoustic modelling engine! The remainder of today will be spent sitting in front of my Numa GT (hopefully!). Thank you, Studiologic! 

You notice the Numa video posted with the firmware upgrade is using the new Stage D? Might not be long before we see the "official" version of this new piano. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, My Keys And Me Are Vintage said:

I am impressed with the ongoing support from Studiologic. I still had more tweaking to do on the new Stage D, and now I will start over with a whole new acoustic modelling engine! The remainder of today will be spent sitting in front of my Numa GT (hopefully!). Thank you, Studiologic! 

You notice the Numa video posted with the firmware upgrade is using the new Stage D? Might not be long before we see the "official" version of this new piano. 

Gianni told me "next weeks". I think he meant next few weeks.

Did the update. I don't know whether I'm becoming more accustomed to how Studiologic software operates, or their flow and ease of use has become more streamlined, ( a bit of both I suspect), but the firmware update was absolutely flawless. The prompts and actions were all in the right place at the right time, and visual feedback was excellent.

Not had time to delve too deeply, but the already excellent pianos do seem more natural. Can't fault the keybed velocity response so far either.

Well done👍

The companions I can't live without: Kawai Acoustic Grand, Yamaha MontageM8x, Studiologic Numa Piano X GT,
Other important stuff: Novation Summit, NI Komplete Ultimate 14 CE, Omnisphere, EW Hollywood and Fantasy Orchestra, Spitfire Albion and Symphony, Pianoteq 8 Pro, Roland RD88.

2 hours ago, dfcas said:

I know they say Mac compatible, but are they truly Mac friendly? Considering a Numa X and thats a concern. I dont have a Windows machine.

Yes, I use a Mac all the time with the Numa X. Absolutely no issues.

3 hours ago, dfcas said:

I know they say Mac compatible, but are they truly Mac friendly? Considering a Numa X and thats a concern. I dont have a Windows machine.

Works well with my MacBook Pro.  No issues at all.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Just updated my firmware to 2.4 and it sounds amazing!  I have not heard a DP sound this realistic!  In addition, the playing sensitivity range has been adjusted so my fingers just fly across this keyboard. This, along with the new “Piano D” piano, makes this update pretty incredible.  Again, if you didn’t get the Piano D upgrade you can contact me through PM and I will email it to you. 

• Like 1

"The firmware update 2.4 also brings a significant improvement in the detection of repeated notes, greatly enhancing the responsiveness and accuracy of the keyboard. We made sure that notes played quickly, especially in techniques such as ribattuto, are captured with precision, allowing seamless repetition without losing the clarity or intensity of each note"

This new keyboard sensitivity scaling is outstanding.  It's like playing a whole new instrument!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, HammondDave said:

This new keyboard sensitivity scaling is outstanding.  It's like playing a whole new instrument!

I was thinking exactly the same thing. it's definitely one of the best digital pianos in its class now. together with a yc61 or a nord stage 3 or an ipad it’s a killer lightweight keyboard setup which offers just everything I‘ll ever need. 

LIFE IS SHORT, GO GET THE GEAR YOU WANT ;-)

3 hours ago, HammondDave said:

"The firmware update 2.4 also brings a significant improvement in the detection of repeated notes, greatly enhancing the responsiveness and accuracy of the keyboard. We made sure that notes played quickly, especially in techniques such as ribattuto, are captured with precision, allowing seamless repetition without losing the clarity or intensity of each note"

This may sound like a stupid question but do you think these new updates make it a better keybed to play? I had one early on when released and loved the form factor but didn’t gel with the action and pianos. Went for a CP73 instead but I still have a hankering to try the Numa again with the newer updates. 

Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.

12 minutes ago, Dockeys said:

This may sound like a stupid question but do you think these new updates make it a better keybed to play? I had one early on when released and loved the form factor but didn’t gel with the action and pianos. Went for a CP73 instead but I still have a hankering to try the Numa again with the newer updates. 

The difference is like night and day!  I literally sat down and played passages I could not play before on that keyboard. Now you can make it as light as a feather. The range is so wide now. 

• Like 4