Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Launchkey mk4 line released

Still  more MIDI controller news.

https://us.novationmusic.com/launchkey

I have a 61 and 88 mk3, and this looks like a worthy upgrade. I’m assuming the 61 mk4 is the same action that’s in the 88 key mk3, which I prefer.

I’m seeing DAW support beyond Ableton and a better control layout for my needs.

Still only one pedal input, but I have ways around that.

No aftertouch but that’s expected for this price.

I’ll sell my mk3 boards and get this one for sure.

• Like 2
I make software noises.

39 minutes ago, johnchop said:

Still  more MIDI controller news.

https://us.novationmusic.com/launchkey

Still only one pedal input, but I have ways around that.

This is one that really baffles me.

I think the Novation and some M-Audio controllers are great!

At this point in controller life, and how prevalent VST are in use, why not have an expression pedal input?

I actually have an M-Audio Oxygen Pro-61.

Faders and pads are where they "should be".   9 Faders!

Aftertouch (channel) etc.

Yet kind of difficult to use in my VST rig whether Mainstage or Gigperformer since I ususally use my PX-5S as my 88 note board, which also lacks expression pedal.

I know how to work around with various MIDI pedal dongles, but I prefer streamlined setup.  Hence my use of my venerable Arturia Keylabs.  ;)

• Like 1

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom 08 | Roland Jupiter 80

Yeah, I hear that.

I’m sure they are just hitting a price point, use case, and user base where expression pedals are just not a big concern.

Look at all the attention to arps, chord/scale modes on controllers these days. :)

-John

• Like 1
I make software noises.

Couldn't see an 88 listed?

tbh, I have never seen Novation release an 88 for any of their controllers.

EDIT: thanks to johnchop there was a Mk3 88....perhaps discontinued now?

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

48 minutes ago, jerrythek said:

I don't see a MK4 88-key model on their site.

thanks for the confirmation :D (see my post above ;) )

• Like 1

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Maybe the mk3 88 just didn’t sell.  I sure appreciated the extra real estate and better action.

Going to dig into the manual later to see what else has changed.

I know these are budget controllers, but they do just enough that spending twice or more gives me pause, especially if the action isn’t that much better.

• Like 2
I make software noises.

I rather like the action on my MK3 37 - which is my desk/mobile controller. If they would just add an expression pedal input, I'd buy a 61 in a heartbeat. Faders are in the right place, unlike Arturia.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

9 hours ago, JimboKeys said:

I would read this as the 88 is being discontinued. I was getting ready to possibly order an 88 mk3 — maybe we’ll see a price drop ?

I may be selling mine. It’s in primo condition too. Message me if you are interested. 

saying that, I’m a little surprised that the largest keyboard they’re making in this line is a 61 and not a 73, 76 or 88. 

• Like 1

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D