Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Olympic Opening Ceremonies Gear Spotting

Here is a strange Hammond Clone during Lady Ga Ga’s opening number. Could it be a Korg BX3?

IMG_2152.jpeg

IMG_2154.jpeg

• Like 1

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Good chance it is vintage, since it appears to have an attached power cord.

i had a CX-3 back in the day but don’t recall having any white colored controls on the left panels.

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

I cannot ID the gear but whatever that pink plume is sitting atop her head is going to cause some type of interference or landing.🤣😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Lots of wet pianos….

Celine Dion brings down the house with a magnificent performance!  Brava!

IMG_2158.jpeg

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

4 hours ago, eric said:

Is it actually being played live or just for looks along with tracks?

That was my first thought.

When the dudes playing down the street at the pub are using tracks, you figure a big event like the Olympics would just fake it too.  Kudos to them if not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stokely said:

That was my first thought.

When the dudes playing down the street at the pub are using tracks, you figure a big event like the Olympics would just fake it too.  Kudos to them if not.

The more it is a SHOW the more likely it is tracks and playback engineers every aspect is on a master sync clock. 

• Like 1

I assume they did the same as they do at the Super Bowl. The music is tracked along with an emergency vocal track. Celine was obviously singing live. There was a pianist earlier in the show playing a Ravel piece that was obviously tracked. 

8 hours ago, HammondDave said:

I assume they did the same as they do at the Super Bowl. The music is tracked along with an emergency vocal track. Celine was obviously singing live. There was a pianist earlier in the show playing a Ravel piece that was obviously tracked. 

That would make sense considering the scale of the event, yet I doubt Celine would have performed if she wasn't 100% she'd make it. Not knowing her but from everything I have seen about her, she's a total top notch professional in everything she's undertaking.

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro