Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil PC3, Star in front of patch name?

I just bought some patches, and after I loaded them into my PC3 I see that they have a little star in front ot the patch number/name, what does this mean? Custom keymap?

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

14 minutes ago, Delaware Dave said:

Delivered sound (program 1-1024) that you customized by changing something about it (a parameter change).

"Delivered sound" ?

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

I have a PC361 and generally if you modify one of the first ~1,000 factory programs, it gets an asterisk in front of the name.

Todd

• Like 1

Sundown

Just finished: GatewayThe Jupiter Bluff

Working on: Driven Away, Eighties Crime Thriller

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

Okay, I chose."Append" when importing and the sounds were distributed on patch numbers that were empty (there's a bunch around 700-800ish). But I guess the star is then displayed as these are not factory presets.

• Like 1

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

This is something common in Kurzweil synths when you over wright a factory preset. If you delete it, the factory preset reappears...

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

Are you guys using the SoundTower librarian or is there any other (better?).

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

I wish the asterisk overwrite had been kept in the next generation.  The current inability to overwrite factory patches and tweak factory combinations on PC4 (and I assume Forte and K27) is very frustrating for us synth customization types.

Yes, I know about you-know-what mode, but it pisses off the Australians whenever I mention it. 🙂 

• Like 1

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Huh, "you-know-what mode" ?

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

16 hours ago, Tom Williams said:

I wish the asterisk overwrite had been kept in the next generation.  The current inability to overwrite factory patches and tweak factory combinations on PC4 (and I assume Forte and K27) is very frustrating for us synth customization types.

I bought a Forte a few months ago and recently discovered this quirk that is different than the PC3 series .... more frustrating with multis, if you have a multi and using a zone that is a standard patch and you want to make a tweak to that particular program  you have to then create a user program and then put the user program into the multi and remove the standard program.  Unnecessary extra steps. 

Off topic note, 95% of my shows in the summer are outdoors. On the Forte the dimly lit display (and small font) is literally impossible to see until the sun goes down.  I actually prefer the PC3's ancient display.

• Like 1

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

16 hours ago, J.F.N. said:

Huh, "you-know-what mode" ?

The Dark Arts. Should not be attempted by the VASTly inferior (like me).

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Here's a fun thing to ponder on:

Tim Shoebridge nearly sells his PC3x or maybe he did, but when he made a video of checking it out one last time, he just mentions 'for Orchestra', as if there isn't one of the most powerful synths inside...

• Haha 1

Kurzweil K2500XS + KDFX, Roland: JX-3P, JX-8P, Korg: Polysix, DW-8000, Alesis Micron, DIY Analogue Modular