Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Midiflow ios NRPN to CC?

Anyone know how to use midiflow (or any other iOS app) to map NRPN.

Specifically Hammond Skpro buttons to cc to play around with Hammond B3x,  Vb3m, Vb3 ii, some other non organ AUs, etc...

Most of those don't work well NRPN, just CC

I haven't dealt with your exact issue so can't speak with 100% certainty, but Audeonic StreamByter (free on iOS, $20 as a Mac app) can most likely remap NRPNs to regular CCs - with the caveat that it's a scripting language that requires knowledge of the nuts & bolts of midi, as well as some programming experience. I got help from the newbie-tolerant forum there, and may even be able to suggest a script to do what you need should you go this route.

https://audeonic.com/streambyter/

24 minutes ago, Reezekeys said:

I haven't dealt with your exact issue so can't speak with 100% certainty, but Audeonic StreamByter (free on iOS, $20 as a Mac app) can most likely remap NRPNs to regular CCs - with the caveat that it's a scripting language that requires knowledge of the nuts & bolts of midi, as well as some programming experience. I got help from the newbie-tolerant forum there, and may even be able to suggest a script to do what you need should you go this route.

https://audeonic.com/streambyter/

Thanks..it may be able to, but looks more complicated than midiflow even. Unless there is a script already available. But seriously appreciated!

I just fired up Midiflow and it does convert NRPNs to regular CCs, if you've bought the "Controller Remapping" IAP.

image.thumb.png.a4c2d335c1f6ec902a34481aee7fd63c.png

Tap there then scroll all the way to the bottom, tap "NRPN." You're responsible for entering the numbers for MSB and LSB. Hit "Done" at the top right. On the next page you can probably leave everything set as is, except you need to choose the "outgoing controller" down at the bottom - that's the CC you want to convert to. Good luck!

I did but that. I can't figure out how to make it right work though. Cc to cc is easy enough but I'm struggling with how to change nrpn to cc. I guess I'm not setting the filter options correctly. There are a lot there, and I don't what it all means.

Solved. Thank you, Reeze!!!

33 minutes ago, Reezekeys said:

We cross-posted, check my last post right above yours here. That's the short story, holler if you need any more help!

PXL_20240525_155401877.jpg

PXL_20240525_155356870.jpg

PXL_20240525_155343506.jpg

PXL_20240525_155853006.jpg

Check MidiFire, it's a very versatile and powerful midi processor.

• Like 1

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

7 hours ago, Reezekeys said:

Nice! Yea Midiflow is a great app. Too bad it's abandoned - makes me scared to update iOS!

It appears that an update, "compatibility improvements for recent iOS versions" was done 2 weeks ago. 👍

• Like 2

That's a shocker! The previous update was three years ago. I got this app in September of 2022, tried registering on the dev's forum then, and was unable. I emailed the admin, got no reply. The most recent post on that forum was already a few years old at that time. Googled the dev's name and came up with only a single twitter post from a few years before that.

Great to know the app is still being maintained - thanks! Turns out my iPad auto-updated; I thought I had that feature turned off but I guess not.

• Like 2

I went back to the developer of Midiflow's website - https://www.midiflow.com, to try and register again and post with a feature request. I was able to register. I got an email with a link to confirm, which I did. All looked good. I can log into the message board but still cannot post - I get an "SQL error" (I tried both Safari and Chrome on my Mac, also changed "user agents" in Safari to "Chrome - Windows"). Also, looking at the forum, the most recent post appears to be from November 2021. I looked up the dev there and see "Last active: Sat May 18, 2024" so maybe he is not aware his forum sw is borked and is depressed that he sees no activity in the last 2 1/2 years? This is a little strange. It's a good thing his software is being updated and still works well with the latest iOSes - because it seems like if you do need support, you're not gonna get it!

• Like 1