Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Needed: a Roland A800Pro in the UK!

It looks like I may not be able to bring my A800 on an upcoming UK tour. All because our plane tickets have us coming back on Lufthansa and we just found out our "Star Alliance Gold" status does not get us the same baggage allowance we always have on United. Our tour manager in the UK is also doing research on this but I thought I would put it out here as well. If anyone knows of one for sale or rent, or where we might be able to find one, please get in touch! Thanks much. We start our tour in three weeks in Manchester and are covering a lot of England and Scotland. This is the final AWB UK tour - the band is calling it quits this year.

You might consider it a risk but it worked out for me twice in a row last year.

Ebay Japan. They are used to shipping internationally and mine got to me in Northern California in about a week from Hiroshima of all places.

FunMachine.

There is one in Spain:

https://es.wallapop.com/item/teclado-controlador-midi-roland-a800pro-988159588

If you want to pursue it, I am friends with the owner of the Jazz Club in Girona (I used to live there) who I am sure would assist if needed. DM if you want to talk about it.

(I am thinking this unit could be purchased and sent to the UK from Spain if you can't find one there.)

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

Thanks everyone for your help so far - I will forward this thread to our manager. That A800 in Spain looks good, brand new for £257 - but shipping and import charges to a non-EU country may raise that price?

5 minutes ago, Reezekeys said:

Thanks everyone for your help so far - I will forward this thread to our manager. That A800 in Spain looks good, brand new for £257 - but shipping and import charges to a non-EU country may raise that price?

I have no clue about the UK shipping process and cost, just reacted on the price and condition of it, seem to be good raw material for an eventual solution to your problem.

;)

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

28 minutes ago, J.F.N. said:

I have no clue about the UK shipping process and cost, just reacted on the price and condition of it, seem to be good raw material for an eventual solution to your problem.

It was a great suggestion and I thank you for it! I was mostly thinking out loud there. I remember hearing how brexit screwed up a lot of things for musicians and goods traveling between the UK and Europe, so that came to my mind. In the USA, 210 Euros is about $228 US and that would be an incredible price for a brand new A800 - I think they are over $400 here - IF you can find one!

• Like 1

Folks, it looks like we have sourced an A800 for the tour! I did not expect that to happen so quickly. My impression was that most rental companies provide Motifs or Nords, but maybe the younger laptop beat-makers have pushed these places to provide controllers now.

Thanks for the replies and offers of assistance - and maybe I'll see a few of you on our final journey through the UK? Our itinerary is here.

• Like 4

Sorry... I'm just a soldier in this army! I remember hearing the taxes or fees for US bands playing in Canada were pretty steep. Looks like Detroit is the closest we'll be to Canada. The calendar should fill up with us doing more USA dates until the end of this year.

On 4/5/2024 at 5:59 PM, Reezekeys said:

Sorry... I'm just a soldier in this army! I remember hearing the taxes or fees for US bands playing in Canada were pretty steep. Looks like Detroit is the closest we'll be to Canada. The calendar should fill up with us doing more USA dates until the end of this year.

On 4/5/2024 at 4:48 PM, Reezekeys said:

Folks, it looks like we have sourced an A800 for the tour! I did not expect that to happen so quickly. My impression was that most rental companies provide Motifs or Nords, but maybe the younger laptop beat-makers have pushed these places to provide controllers now.

Thanks for the replies and offers of assistance - and maybe I'll see a few of you on our final journey through the UK? Our itinerary is here.

Hey Reeze. I live in Birmingham so may come up and see you on 27th April if I don’t get a gig myself.
Glad you got sorted for an A800. I just bought a board from Thomann in Germany and there was no import duty to pay or additional delivery into the UK if it’s over £149. They take care of it all for you and the price you see is the price you pay :)

• Like 1

Yamaha YC73

Korg Kronos2 61

Yamaha CP88

Roland Jupiter 8

Roland JX3P

Roland D50