Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard recommendations for someone who wants to play heavy metal.

47 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Thanks. I've seen their website and there are a lot of types. Which ones do you buy?

I bought these in the gauges of a full set and still have most of them. But I only change strings if one breaks or I have a crucial gig on guitar. Since I am not currently playing guitar in a band that's like never. 

I still practice daily cause I like having chops and still find it fun.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Rogue/P10-Bulk-12-Pack-010-Plain-Steel-Electric-Guitar-Strings-1274034494660.gc

FunMachine.

This guy did a whole tour playing synth parts using typical electric guitar(s) with Midi Guitar 2 software.  Ok, not metal, but metal adjacent since all this prog rock stuff seems to have been taken over by metal folks 😉

16 hours ago, GovernorSilver said:

This guy did a whole tour playing synth parts using typical electric guitar(s) with Midi Guitar 2 software.  Ok, not metal, but metal adjacent since all this prog rock stuff seems to have been taken over by metal folks 😉

That sounds like an innovative approach to incorporating synthesizer sounds into a guitar setup! Using Midi Guitar 2 software allows guitarists to trigger synth parts using their electric guitars, offering a new realm of sonic possibilities.

6 hours ago, murphybridget said:

That sounds like an innovative approach to incorporating synthesizer sounds into a guitar setup! Using Midi Guitar 2 software allows guitarists to trigger synth parts using their electric guitars, offering a new realm of sonic possibilities.

I was reminded of Jam Origin Midi Guitar 2 when someone started a thread about Jam Origin's upcoming Midi Guitar 3.  The most anticipated new feature coming with v3 is MPE support.  There's other new goodies in there too.

I don't plan to stop practicing on my digital piano but Midi Guitar 2 is indeed fun to play with.