Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

For a better Keyboard Player Interview watch this

Howard Stern can really be grating as an interviewer, but for better or worse, he gets much more out of his interviews than the usual talking points and canned responses, and you can tell Billy Joel LOVES to answer a question that he HASN'T been asked dozens of times. Even Paul McCartney has to go off book a bit with Stern, despite his best efforts to tell the same six Beatles stories he's been telling for the past fifty years. 😉 Thanks for sharing, bud! 

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I just thought it was so much more deep then the Beato interview in the other thread. 

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

I didn't know we were in an episode of "dueling interviews." I'm a long-time Stern listener (not so much these days) and enjoy his interviews, but he's obviously not a musician so the line of questioning is going to be different. Also, he and Billy are neighbors and long-time buds (many of his subjects are his personal friends) so you do sometimes feel more of the camaraderie in the conversations than with Beato, who is sometimes meeting his subjects for the first time. But that's only an observation, not meant to suggest it makes a particular interview "better" or "worse." I'm happy there are both of those guys and I'm not expecting either one to tick every box on my "questions that must be asked" list.

• Like 2

Please let’s not have this thread end up in Craig’s forum. I enjoy most of RB’s interviews. If not, I just move onto something else. I’m only part way thru the BJ interview, but I intend to go back for more.

My comments may be clouded by the fact that if BJ was appearing in my town, I’d be happy for all his fans, but if it was MM I’d be in the front row. 

Legend Soul 261, Leslie 251, Yamaha UX1, CP4, CK61, Hammond SK1, Ventilator, Privia PX3, Behringer 2600, Korg Triton LE, various guitars and woodwinds, drum kits …

38 minutes ago, Outkaster said:

Why would it end up in craigs forum?

The Beato interviews Brad Mehldau took turns that got it locked temporarily and ultimately moved to another forum with a bit more latitude in posting.😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I'll call the Stern-Billy Joel keyboard player interview and raise you a Beato-Jimmy Webb keyboard player interview. (The MM-Beato interview was a singer interview and not a keyboard player interview, IMO. - titled "The Voice that defined a generation").    I agree with Rob, I didn't know if this was a dueling interview thread, but here goes.

A huge amount of history discussed with the greatest popular writer of our generation.  It's fascinating to hear him talk about how he eventually accepted being resigned to be a composer not achieving the popular limelight, when he'd hoped to be a Billy Joel, not even invited into the sessions that produced his masterpieces. 

I found it incredibly inciteful  insightful.  

• Thanks 1

J  a  z  z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

19 hours ago, jazzpiano88 said:

Beato-Jimmy Webb keyboard player interview.

Another excellent interview.  It's always great to hear from the folks who work behind the scenes.😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"