Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Styx Miss America

Really well done!

~ Ambitious undertaking too ~  (I'd suspect the original was done by 2 or 3 band members...)

I'm thinking if you add any more boards to your studio, you might need two more left feet!

Old No7

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

Well done!!! Been a while since we chatted! Nice setup my friend! You still down in Florida? Gonna come out there and hang sometime! 

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

52 minutes ago, KeyMoe said:

Well done!!! Been a while since we chatted! Nice setup my friend! You still down in Florida? Gonna come out there and hang sometime! 

Yup still in FL, no intention of leaving my future retirement home.  Let me know when you're near Daytona Beach.

Very cool!  One of my favorite albums, I hadn't heard that one in a while.   My band plays Too much Time and Blue Collar Man and Renegade, I'd be all for doing more.  Foolin' Yourself would be great even if my single keyboard at a live gig would have quite a time with all the sounds!

I have a couple "extra" keyboards myself but am all software at home.   I just can't bring myself to go through the selling process....gee, either meet low-balling weirdos in parking lots (if they show up) or get swindled by buyers AND taxed on Reverb (as just happened to a friend)...some choice.  Might as well set up a mini-wall of keyboards even if I'm not actually using them :) 

Nice job MC!  Man that cream Obie Four Voice, you are blessed bro...

The Players:  OB-X8, Numa Compact 2X, Kawai K5000S, cheap Korean guitars/basses, Roland TD-1KV e-drums.  Eurorack/Banana modular, Synth/FX DIY.

On 2/25/2024 at 6:03 PM, Old No7 said:

(I'd suspect the original was done by 2 or 3 band members...)

I know that Chuck Panozzo had a set of Taurus bass pedals and James Young had played some keyboards on the album, so it may had been three players on the intro.

• Love 1

Live, yes I have seen JY play some (including doing the main part of Foolin Yourself).

In the studio recording, I assume they probably just overdubbed Dennis Deyoung doing each part, but who knows.   

I'm really digging this video because I have been on-again, off-again learning that song for a little while now.  I have some sheet music but it isn't the greatest.....   As is the usual it emphasizes the guitar parts at the expense of the keys.  The funny part is it credits the words and music to James De Young.  Maybe that's Dennis' brother?  🙂