Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

TAL releases a Roland JUNO-2!

With editor, no less. "TAL-Pha" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but who cares; the sound is solid. It was a bit of a blank spot in the field. Their enhancements make it even better: FX, MPE, microtuning and aftertouch. Nice. The $64 intro price is quite fair, IMO.

I had a JUNO-1 for years and while it offers some nice sounds of its own, I found it downright powerful as a partner with other things, like a Mirage rack. I don't neeeed this, as I have the Cloud D-50, but I'm waxing nostalgic about how quick and easy it was to turn a Big sound into a HUGE one with the JUNO folded into the batter. Several synths have been called "pad machines." This is the real deal, just from the shallow end of the pool where the quieter support struts reside. If you've never played one, try out the demo. Its a bit unassuming, until suddenly, its NOT.     

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-pha

TALl-pha-02.jpg

• Like 4

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"

Yeah, I still own a Juno 2. Some of it’s sounds are really unique. The chorus is one of a kind in particular. The TAL emulation sounds incredibly close as their freebie chorus emulation already did. Thanks for posting this! 

LIFE IS SHORT, GO GET THE GEAR YOU WANT ;-)

Its interesting to see which synths get elevated and which ones fall to the side. Its the Juno-6/60/106 that get the love because they helped to define New Wave and a lot of the surrounding pop for an attainable price. The Juno-1/2 & MKS-50 are more flexible, but also far less sexy. You have to be synth-savvy to know the difference or care. Its not a synth with an elegant GUI, but I spun the Alpha dial and loved it. 

This feels like a synth that could be bundled with Studio One and the like. I know what a good team player it is. Its not unlike an SEM with keys.

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"