Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gratifying Steve Hackett interview

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/steve-hackett-interview-genesis-phil-collins/

This includes some of what you'd expect, but also a few newer components that add to the broth nicely. He makes some insightful comments about the modern music business and the state of playing live. Its a good addition to some recent threads concerning same. Genesis and 95% of the group's solo branches have always been in my WIN bin.

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"

Can you summarize what happened to Phil Collins that he didn't deserve?   It's behind a paywall on my system and wayback has not archived it yet.

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

11 minutes ago, jazzpiano88 said:

Can you summarize what happened to Phil Collins that he didn't deserve? 

His deteriorating health, inability to drum anymore, or tour, etc.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

2 hours ago, jazzpiano88 said:

Can you summarize what happened to Phil Collins that he didn't deserve?   It's behind a paywall on my system and wayback has not archived it yet.

"recurring spinal condition that has left Collins unable to play drums or perform live"

21 hours ago, Floyd Tatum said:

Who the heck is Steve Hackett?

If you're serious, here are two good examples of his work. Note Nik Magnus on keyboards on 'Group Therapy.' He's a lively player.

Spectral Mornings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYSV5iiSajw

'Group Therapy' from "Highly Strung"

• Love 1

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"

I love Hackett's solo material and even his stint in the commercial GTR project. I wish I hadn't been too busy to catch him on his pass through the DC area last year.

He is said to be an easy person to work with. Always a fish out of water in terms of rock stardom,  but he's done a good job running a successful solo career anyway.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

He's always struck me as a bit like Jeff Beck, not particularly embracing the limelight, and always ready to try something new.

• Like 1

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager