Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Case for Kurzweil PC4-7?

Hey gang,

For those with PC4-7s, what are you using for a case? Soft case? Flight case? Semi-rigid case?

There seems to be a wide disparity between a cheapo fabric case and a wildly expensive flight case. I'd love something in the middle, if it exists, with some padding and structure, but nothing crazy. I searched our existing PC4-7 threads and couldn't readily find a solution discussed.

Thanks!

Sorry that I cannot help. However, your quandary is one I have faced many times. I wish more manufacturers would offer model specific gig bags.

Alternatively, a site offering custom gig bags would be great. Pop in model name or dimensions and be presented with a snug fit. Snug fits are key. Nothing worse than transporting a keyboard in a baggy bag! 

You can get a decent gig bag at about 1-2kg of weight, whereas a custom flightcase is usually about 10kg minimum, making gigbags the travel friendly choice.

Would the Korg Krome 73 bag do it or would that be a touch too narrow? 

Good luck with your search 

Kurzweil PC3x

Technics SX-P50

Korg X3

I don't know if it's as protective as you'd like, but I've used the Yamaha YBNP76  for a number of boards... I"m pretty sure including the PC4-7.

• Like 1

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

The best I was able to find is the Kurzweil KB76 gig bag from that big store in Wi for $300.  The interior length is 49” but when you use the 2 large extra pads that come with it, that fit perfectly, the PC4-7 fits like a glove. Case is semi-rigid, adequately padded, and has wheels. I just use the keyboard for local gigs and rehearsals so I’ve been satisfied. 

• Like 1

Yamaha C2, Yamaha MODX7, Hammond SK1, Hammond XK-5 Heritage Pro System, Korg Kronos 2 61, Yamaha CP4, Kurzweil PC4-7, Nord Stage 3 73, Nord Wave 2, QSC 8.2, Motion Sound KP 210S,  Key Largo, etc…yeah I have too much…

Thomann sells their own custom-made PVC hard cases that are not heavy at all but very sturdy. They do cost ±€200 but I can recommend them. I've gigged with my PC3x case for more than 15 years now without problems. 

Search for 'Thon custom keyboard case II PVC' on their website.

• Like 1

I've been using the G-PG-76 Go Pro from Gator for 3 years now and I love it. It's a little bigger than I need but I'm happy with the protection, and the extra long zipper pocket, rain poncho, and other thoughtful extras. It has gotten a bit pricey in the past 2 years, though. When I bought mine they were going for $242 at the Sweet place, but I got tired of waiting for them to be back in stock after covid slowdowns, so I bought one on Reverb, brand new (they claimed, anyway) for $170.

TBJ499I.thumb.jpg.083b619f68234b13628be5b14c4fc51d.jpg

https://gatorco.com/product/76-note-keybaord-gig-bag-g-pg-76/

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin