Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil K2061 61-note synth!

I prefer the sober and sleek industrial design of the K2061 over the gaudy Montage M and the newest Roland.

It seems muted, understated, but underneath all that, there is Synthesis Power for Generations inside.

While others are looking for sports cars... it is a Space Ship, with a Time-Machine on-board.

One thing I would do though is look to make the faders uniform. I learned it's an organ thing, but I am not an organist, I am a Synthesist.

Kurzweil K2500XS + KDFX, Roland: JX-3P, JX-8P, Korg: Polysix, DW-8000, Alesis Micron, DIY Analogue Modular

We used to have lots of options for solid pro 61 key keyboards with decent keyboard actions, internal power supply and metal construction without the thing being too heavy and too big. I’m thinking Roland XP30, Yamaha S30, Korg M1, Kawai K5000 and Kurz K2000 etc etc.

I like the look of this K2061. There isn’t another board like it and I’ll be very tempted to pick one up. 

Kurzweil PC3x

Technics SX-P50

Korg X3

16 minutes ago, The Piano Man said:

Kawai K500

You mean K5000 or K5?

I am playing right now a K5000W, what a nice keybed and excellent sound!

I also have an K2661 so I have 2 synths with the characteristics you wrote above...

• Like 1

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen,Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9,Osmose

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

On 9/8/2024 at 8:30 AM, The Piano Man said:

We used to have lots of options for solid pro 61 key keyboards with decent keyboard actions, internal power supply and metal construction without the thing being too heavy and too big. I’m thinking Roland XP30, Yamaha S30, Korg M1, Kawai K5000 and Kurz K2000 etc etc.

I don't know about the others, but the Yamaha S30 had a wall wart. I did like that board, though. Aftertouch, too.

• Like 1

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

2 hours ago, The Piano Man said:

Internal PSU. C7 type connector figure of 8 type

The XP10 had a wallwart though!

Must be my mistake. I was on a music summer camp in my youth, and they provided XP30s and XP80s (I loved the latter). I could swear the 30s had external PSUs - maybe they were XP10s!

Cheers, Mike.

8 hours ago, stoken6 said:

Must be my mistake. I was on a music summer camp in my youth, and they provided XP30s and XP80s (I loved the latter). I could swear the 30s had external PSUs - maybe they were XP10s!

Cheers, Mike.

Maybe there were different versions but the two XP30 keyboards that I have owned both had internals. 

There is a modern XPS30 which has a wallwart. It’s a completely different board though. 

Kurzweil PC3x

Technics SX-P50

Korg X3

• 2 weeks later...