Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Another RIP... Melanie died on Tuesday

She was our next-door neighbor. She and her son Beau sometimes had dinner together with me and my wife, or we'd go out to eat. I hung out a lot with Beau (killer chops as a musician). Melanie was a sweet lady, and she was always looking to the next project, up to the end. She'll be missed.

It's so sad to see our peers leaving the stage. Not only will the ones we knew be missed, but it reminds us of our own mortality.

When we were young, they went with plane crashes, overdoses, and other accidents, but now they are dying of old folks diseases. 

I read the celebrity birthdays every day in the newspaper. That way, I see more people celebrating continued life, than death.

It doesn't bring those who are gone back, but offers a balance of perspective.

RIP Melanie, and thanks for the songs that will live on.

• Like 1

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

I always loved Brand New Key, it stood out in the barrage of same old same old as something new and fun. 

Rest In Peace Melanie, thank you for the music!

• Haha 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Lay Down Candles In The Rain was Melanie's other hit. She was inspired to write it after performing at Woodstock in 1969 (some of her songs were also featured on the soundtrack of that film.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1