Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

https://www.arturia.com/products/software-instruments/pigments/overview

I am an owner of a previous version, so free update...

I hope to see a new Keylab MK3 the next days...

• Love 1

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

Lovely, havent really found time to dig into this since buying last year. Time to stop buying hardware I dont need and get some use out of the Mac Mini/Logic/Korg Collection/Pigments set up collecting dust on my desk 😞

• Like 2

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

I vacated Pigments when I went to an M1 Mini. Over time, it simply didn't gel for me. Its quite capable; I loved the filter options and the GUI. However, I've observed people just not taking to a new instrument. Software companies DO have a "sound," which is a mix of marketing and engineering. I hit that point with Pigments. I'd take one of their outstanding controllers in a NY minute, but somehow, there is a fine grain of surface character that makes the synth miss the sweet spot on my personal tympanic membranes.

Its clearly a powerhouse synth. I've simply been leaning towards better 'acoustic' instruments or vintage pieces like the GX-80. Its amusing to see what kind of a player I've become as the tools rose to meet me. In this case, D'OH!, I got mowed under a bit as I learned what I really needed. I'm glad I bought it, though. Its easy to recommend to more synth-focused players, especially when Arturia keeps showing the grace to upgrade it like this.

• Like 2

Lab Mode splits between contemplative work and furious experiments.
Both of which require you to stay the hell away from everyone else.
This is a feature, not a bug.
Kraftwerk’s studio lab, Kling Klang,
 didn’t even have a working phone in it.
       ~ Warren Ellis

14 hours ago, UnderGroundGr said:

I hope to see a new Keylab MK3 the next days...

Man, me too.

3 hours ago, David Emm said:

Software companies DO have a "sound," which is a mix of marketing and engineering. I hit that point with Pigments. I'd take one of their outstanding controllers in a NY minute, but somehow, there is a fine grain of surface character that makes the synth miss the sweet spot on my personal tympanic membranes.

Yep, and it makes Pigments less of an all-rounder for me, but I’m also a poor craftsman. Like I can’t grok how to make Pigments do a “sawtooth sheen from heaven” patch like Dune 3 can. So I also own Dune 3 🙃

• Like 1
I make software noises.