Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord keyboard leg extension search

I just joined an Animals tribute, which I will only be using my Stage 3 Compact. I’m going to be standing and want to go with a minimalist look, so am thinking with going with a set of their legs. However, the extension’s that come with it won’t bring it up to a height that’s sufficient for standing. Years ago I had a Nord piano 88 with the leg set and had a set of extenders that did just that. Unfortunately, I cannot recall how I came about them. It certainly wasn’t from Nord;most likely a third party sourcing. They were very high quality and perfectly matched the color with matching chrome threaded spacers. I did some research  and discovered a website called Vintage King that advertised a complete set that included the additional leg extenders. The person I spoke to on the phone was totally clueless about the product and said he would have to call Nord about it. I explained to him that the leg set Nord sells does not include that extension set. He said he still call them and email me a reply, which I never have gotten. I found a couple of other sites that advertise this set, but they are located in Australia. So, my question is if any current or past Nord owner has any knowledge of this, I would greatly appreciate any info. I’ve attached a screenshot of the Vintage King product page. IMG_1430.thumb.jpeg.3a83832019c07b6529c10ca5bd8079e3.jpeg

�Ah, music," he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here!�

J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Following this with a bit of interest.  I'm tall, play standing, and have been gigging with just a NS3 compact for a while now :)  I like my Omega Pro stand in most ways, but it's quite heavy and hard to put on a cart on the occasions that I have a longer haul.

In 2000 a bandmate of mine got a gig as vocalist in a reformed version of The Animals. Members of the band were Hilton Valentine, John Steel, Dave Rowberry, and Jim Rodford. Since Hilton lived in Connecticut and the rest of the band lived in England we put together a rehearsal band with Hilton to break in the singer. The drummer was Chip Damiani who was a member of The Remains in the 60s. I used my Vox Continental for all the rehearsals. It was so great getting to play with one of my 60s heroes. Besides Hilton I got to meet Dave Rowberry and Jim Rodford. Surprisingly Dave had no interest in using the Vox organ although he played it on one show and sounded great. He preferred playing piano and only used organ sounds for a few songs. I provided a Kurzweil PC88 for him and he was happy with that. Dave's first hit recording with the band was "We Gotta Get Out of This Place". I found out he used a studio-owned Lowrey organ on some songs such as "Don't Bring Me Down", "See See Rider", "Shake" and maybe others. On stage he was sometimes seen with Hammond spinets or consoles and some songs on the Animalism album feature a Hammond. There are TV appearances and photos with Dave on a Vox Continental so he did use one on some occasions. Even though they never recorded with it Dave played a silver top Fender Rhodes on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1965. This may have been the first time a Rhodes was seen on national TV. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

Gibson G101, Fender Rhodes Piano Bass, Vox Continental, RMI Electra-Piano and Harpsichord 300A, Hammond M102A, Hohner Combo Pianet, OB8, Matrix 12, Jupiter 6, Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, CS70M, CP35, PX-5S, WK-3800, Stage 3 Compact

I think the extenders was included with the stand for a period , but not anymore, so my guess it is an old press image.

I bought the stand shortly after I bought my NS Classic, and back then, the longer extenders was not included either, only the short one.

Since I am sitting, and needed another board on top, I ended up with another stand. The baseplate, permanently mounted to the bottom of the keyboard added a lot of weight, especially to a 88.

But it shouldn’t be to difficult or expensive to get someone build the extenders for you, with the risk it might be a bit wobbly.

There is a free, nice and friendly forum dedicated to Nord users, with alot of users.

https://www.norduserforum.com/

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band