Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arturia V Collection X

2 minutes ago, johnchop said:

Ah, mine was 149, but I’m on 9, and I have the minifreak standalone which I can sell now to offset that even more.

I am on 9 and it's 199 euros...

27 minutes ago, CyberGene said:

Nice but €300 for an upgrade from my current v8 is a bit steep. Will pass for now. But at €100 would have purchased it. 

I agree, I am waiting for the same...

• Like 1

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

My upgrade is $200, too steep as I don't particularly need or want the additions, but I wouldn't mind the two updates. I think in previous cycles those have been free to owners of the previous collection, but I haven't checked yet this time. The audio demos do sound like big improvements, and MiniFreak V is kind of cool too.

• Like 2

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I'll wait until 11.  The augmented stuff is pretty much useless for me; they make even my i9 12900K cry for help. Same with most of the rebuilds.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Ya this seems to be the sentiment on the Arturia socials… too spendy for what you get.

I think i got the 149 offer because I have Minifreak.

Acid is fun, I’m a fool for CP sounds, and the Minifreak wavetabley bits are a nice touch on a pretty cool sound engine. (Sort of Pigments-lite?)  

The new Mini does sound different to my ears, more raw.

Was happy to see our own Jerry Kovarsky’s name on many new Wurli patches. Arturia addressed the comparatively anemic sound of the previous release.

• Like 2
I make software noises.

19 minutes ago, johnchop said:

Was happy to see our own Jerry Kovarsky’s name on many new Wurli patches. Arturia addressed the comparatively anemic sound of the previous release.

Thanks for noticing! I worked a lot on improving the Wurly with Jonathan Leonard - I think we got it into much better shape. And I also worked on the CP-70. Both were fun projects.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Yeah, I like MiniFreak but have Pigments and it does seem a bit redundant in that context, but I could be wrong.

Although the Moog Mini sounds like a huge improvement, I use my hardware Voyager for most Moog sounds and also have Moog's own soft synths, which are quite good (including the excellent new Mariana bass synth).

I have no use for the Augmented-type libs. When I was younger, I probably would have thought they were cool, and I certainly respect Arturia for doing something a bit different. At any rate, I can barely run the ones I have, on my 2017 iMac.

• Like 1

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

8 hours ago, JoJoB3 said:

Wait, are they planning a Spark 3?  One of their best products imo. 2 still sees use today.

Oh I don’t know if they are, that’s just me hoping. Agree that it’s a gem and was a bit frustrated when it dropped from V collection some versions ago (IIRC). 

Per the website it’s a legacy product, and there are no plans to develop as Apple silicon native.

• Like 1
I make software noises.

13 hours ago, johnchop said:

Ya this seems to be the sentiment on the Arturia socials… too spendy for what you get.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to those.  It's the same people over and over again, like clockwork, anytime Arturia has a new collection

Whether it's $10 or $300, they complain.

• Like 1

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

8 hours ago, johnchop said:

Oh I don’t know if they are, that’s just me hoping. Agree that it’s a gem and was a bit frustrated when it dropped from V collection some versions ago (IIRC). 

Per the website it’s a legacy product, and there are no plans to develop as Apple silicon native.

We are not alone on the Spark joy. W the actual F is wrong with Arturia?  Feverishly cranking out VST simulations of vintage synths that kids tinkle around on for about 10mins tops - drops a useful hardware meet software product that's actually useful. SMDH

Though I do like their vst preamps (did I just type that?) in the FX pack. The 2nd easiest Arturia decision.

The wurli really needed upgrading. Can't wait to try the new one.  And the CP70 was a pretty big hole in the collection.

I haven't bonded with any of the "augmented x" instruments. They seem really oriented to the cinematic crowd?

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

I consistently voice two opinions when prompted for  feedback in Arturia customer surveys:

- Don’t sunset Spark

- consider backing off skeuomorphic design for some plugins.  They don’t make them easier to work with.

• Like 2
I make software noises.

I felt the Spark abandonment years ago and sold the hardware before it became useless to the next buyer. It was a tough choice as I still feel it was the best software drum machine emulation ever, and it covered so many overlooked models, but I have also moved almost 100% away from those overdone sounds and find that I like just about everything better with acoustic drums, even in electronic genres.

• Like 1