Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Introducing UB-Xa

ABECK

1 minute ago, Stokely said:

I've found I use very little reverb live most of the time, granted we play standard cover rock stuff and not ambient music or some other genre where you'd expect big ol verbs.

Reverb can be such a tone suck live.  Minimizing verb and delays can really help us punch through that mix!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ABECK said:

Reverb can be such a tone suck live.  Minimizing verb and delays can really help us punch through that mix!

Just HAWK TUAH and spit on that thang!

:D

• Haha 3

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

9 hours ago, HammondDave said:

I look at all my guitar players’ pedal boards and think… “Glad I don’t have to do that!”  It’s even more humorous when a mysterious hum occurs and they frantically unplug and plug in devices to find out where the culprit is.

Totally get it for live performance especially for bands playing covers where they need to call up somebody else's well known patches quickly for each song. I'm not in a band or performing live so this isn't a concern for me at this point. I would imagine most of the artists I like are not limiting themselves to whatever onboard effects a keyboard has but instead, are taking full advantage of all of the amazing sound sculpting tools we have at our disposal these days. At the end of the day, it's whatever serves the music and we all have wildly varying tastes and goals. 

Jazz is the teacher, Funk is the preacher!

26 minutes ago, CrossRhodes said:

Totally get it for live performance especially for bands playing covers where they need to call up somebody else's well known patches quickly for each song. I'm not in a band or performing live so this isn't a concern for me at this point. I would imagine most of the artists I like are not limiting themselves to whatever onboard effects a keyboard has but instead, are taking full advantage of all of the amazing sound sculpting tools we have at our disposal these days. At the end of the day, it's whatever serves the music and we all have wildly varying tastes and goals. 

As long as an FX unit has midi and responds to PC anything is possible, but yeah, a workstation with all of it built in is probably the simplest way to go many times, however, the UB-Xa is not this category. My Prologue 16 has FX built in, IMHO, not very useful and I almost alway turn the FX off when I create a sound, same with the Argon8, those FX are nothing to call home about, there's bunches of much better stuff on outboard processors....

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro