Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha CP gone???

I was just over on the Yamaha website been thinking about ditching my Nord and going with a Yamaha or StudioLogic.    On the Yamaha site the CP page is empty it says "We can't find products matching the selection."     I remember hearing someone say Yamaha wasn't putting any effort into the CP for update that all focus was on the YC.   Then they come out with the CK entry level stage piano.    I wonder is CP is being EOL'd,  the CP and YC are very similar???

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird the path I took splits into two choices  Stage Pianos and Stage Keyboards.    The Stage Keyboard had the YC and CK the Stage Piano had the text I posted.     Well good to see the CP is still with us.   

I tried to see if I could delete the thread but can't, maybe a one of the website managers can delete the thread. 

While many will pick the YC to get the proper organ engine the price for the 88k may be prohibitive if you mainly need a stage piano.  You can cover some organs with the CP - the biggest draw back is the lack of control over the sampled organ and you have to choose between Leslie and distortion, can’t have both running in the CP architecture.  Otherwise, for the reasons you pick an 88k weighted action - Acoustic piano, Rhodes, Wurly, DX and the like that’s all there.  

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

There will always be a flagship P range piano and I have never seen the site without a CP (150, 200, 300, 88) so, unless there is a replacement, the CP88 will be there a while longer.

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5