Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Replacement screw for K&M stand

Any suggestions on finding a replacement for a missing screw for a K&M table style stand? I think it’s a 18953. 

I don’t see a link for parts on the K&M site. 

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

51 minutes ago, Chris Link said:

Not seeing it there. I may have to find something at the hardware store that’ll work. 

Thanks. 

You could contact K&M's support dept on their website - they're responsive. They could advise you where to obtain a spare part - or simply say "you need a M6x50mm knob". 

Cheers, Mike.

• Like 1

K&M were very responsive when I had a tech question and sent me schematics not readily available on the site. Even if they don’t have the part, they might be able to spec it for you.

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

Not the exact part you're looking for, but it may be of use for sizing.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Yep, Full Compass is the only place I found a listing for a replacement mic clip for the stand (one got lost at a dark gig), so it's not surprising they would have replacement screws as well. I had hoped that Front End Audio and other pro audio shops would carry these parts.

I never heard back from Full Compass and have been too busy to call. One of these days...

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

8 hours ago, The Real MC said:

I know they are metric threads.  I just used Allen head screws from a good hardware store.

That’s actually what I did. 

However, while messing with it I found that one of the feet needs replacing. The hardware store had replacement feet for appliances (washing machine or stove) but they were not metric. 

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Lost a screw, spacers and a couple washers from K&M 18880 week before last. Had to keep my knee under left side of keyboard stand entire set to keep it upright. Next day, Elder's Ace Hardware in Nashville, TN fixed me up with a spacer and metric screw that works pretty well. I'll be going to Ace Hardware stores more often, hopefully not for kb stand repair.

• Like 1

K&M referred me to their US distributor. I just emailed them and inquired about a replacement part. 

Connolly Music Company

East Northport, NY 11731
Phone: 800.644.5268
Fax: 631.757.0021

Email: kmorders@connollymusic.com

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Connolly Music emailed back within 20 minutes, had the part in stock and took my order and cc number over the phone. Easy. 

• Like 3

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Looks like you've got it covered but here's a link that may prove helpful to other folks with a similar hardware problem.

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/metric-knobs/

• Like 1

Yamaha CP73; 145 gig Leslie; Nord Electro 61; Oberheim OB3^2; Wurlitzer 200A; Ampeg Gemini I amp; Speakeasy Leslie preamp; QSC K-10

(dearly departed, now serving the Lord in Bryant AR: '58 B3, Bob Schleicher 50C Leslie)