Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Buy your casket at Costco!

What's the world coming to?

Costco is selling caskets in the Chicago area!

Here\'s the scoop!

(I'd like to put the guys that run CLEARCHANNEL in one! They are ruining the music business because all they seem to care about is making a buck!) ...but that's another topic for another day. :mad:

Is There Gas In The Car? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please bury me with a 40 pound box of macaroni & cheese and a barrel of ketchup.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

For the last hole you're ever in:

http://www.funeraldepot.com/Urns/lastholeclosedb.gif

For the person who can't admit someone else finished the race:

http://www.funeraldepot.com/Urns/Nascar.jpg

The "I should have worn orange that day" model:

http://www.funeraldepot.com/Urns/spechunt.jpg

And finally, the "But I love smoking in bed" model:

http://www.funeraldepot.com/Urns/specfire.jpg

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

800 bucks is pretty good...but you could by 2 metric tons of pickles there instead. The jars I've seen there could probably preserve a full adult body.

Why are they test marketing it in Chicago, of all places. We're crass, but not THAT crass. Well...maybe that crass.

"For instance" is not proof.

Originally posted by zeronyne:

800 bucks is pretty good...but you could by 2 metric tons of pickles there instead. The jars I've seen there could probably preserve a full adult body.

Why are they test marketing it in Chicago, of all places. We're crass, but not THAT crass. Well...maybe that crass.

The caskets, manufactured by Cassopolis, Mich.-based Universal Casket Co., are 84 inches in length and 28 inches in width and come in a variety of colors.

Proximity to Michigan, I guess. Cassopolis is north of South Bend. Or maybe this... They have them in Oakbrook. Tragically, I'm closer to Schaumburg. I think you have to buy a sixpack.

Originally posted by LanceMo:

It's a bummer to think about death but...

How much are they selling them for? If they're beating the prices of the funeral home caskets then I think it's great.

If somebody wants to buy em' somebody has to sell em'.

This won't last...

You might think you're getting a deal by purchasing a casket at Costco, but who's going to process the body? You think funeral homes are going to allow you to show up with your own discount casket and not increase the processing fee accordingly? Unless you can get someone into the discount body processing business this idea is going to fizzle out within a few months.. a year at best.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

You might think you're getting a deal by purchasing a casket at Costco, but who's going to process the body? You think funeral homes are going to allow you to show up with your own discount casket and not increase the processing fee accordingly?

Here is how you beat the funeral home.

1) Ask for an ITEMIZED estimate for all of the costs.

2) After they show you the list then say "BTW we already have a casket!"

If they are legit, they should remove the casket cost without adding anything else to the list.

Dan

http://drumlessonvideos.com

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

Cremate me, please.

P.S. Wait until I'm dead. Thanks.

- Jeff

Reminds me of the old joke where the two redneck guys are out hunting and one accidentally shoots the other... so he calls 911 and frantically tells the operator "I accidentally shot my friend - I think he's dead", to which the operator responds "calm down sir. First, let's make he's really dead..." and the guy says "hang on a second" and then the operator hears a gunshot, and the guy comes back on the line and says "okay, now what do I do?" :eek:

Yes, I agree with Jeff... cremation please, but make sure I'm dead before you toss me to the fire. I'm not sure which would be worse.... waking up inside a buried coffin or inside a crematorium. :eek: Either would be a nightmare. But as long as I'm dead, I have no use for my body... burn it and scatter the ashes up in the mountains. Then take some of the money saved and throw a good old fashoned Irish wake and everyone please have a good time. :wave:

But as long as I'm dead, I have no use for my body... burn it and scatter the ashes up in the mountains

My parents both have asked for cremation and scattering in the mountains.

In most states, it is a felony to dispose of human remains outside of a cemetary or crematorium.

Sorry, but no law is going to stop me.

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Originally posted by phaeton:

But as long as I'm dead, I have no use for my body... burn it and scatter the ashes up in the mountains

My parents both have asked for cremation and scattering in the mountains.

In most states, it is a felony to dispose of human remains outside of a cemetary or crematorium.

Sorry, but no law is going to stop me.

Wait until Spring, then tell them you're Jewish and the ashes are the remains of chametz (Leavened bread. You're supposed to burn the last bit) from cleansing your house for Passover. :D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

Cremate me, please.

P.S. Wait until I'm dead. Thanks.

- Jeff

Reminds me of the old joke where the two redneck guys are out hunting and one accidentally shoots the other... so he calls 911 and frantically tells the operator "I accidentally shot my friend - I think he's dead", to which the operator responds "calm down sir. First, let's make he's really dead..." and the guy says "hang on a second" and then the operator hears a gunshot, and the guy comes back on the line and says "okay, now what do I do?" :eek:

HAHAHA! I'd never heard that one.

You might think you're getting a deal by purchasing a casket at Costco, but who's going to process the body?
Yeah, they really need to include a discount home body processing kit in the package in order to make this truly affordable.

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Archived