Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Takamine

9 hours ago, Afatnuglybloke said:

Hi all....Does anyone know what the (OR) stands for in the model EF261S(OR)?

Thanks...Fatso.

Very likely it has something to do with the color, or stain. There's a demo video of a black model, which the video calls an EF261S-BL.

That's one of the mid-sized bodies, in what they called the Santa Fe series, back when I was selling Takamine Guitars. Very nice model.

• Like 2

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

12 hours ago, Afatnuglybloke said:

Hi all....Does anyone know what the (OR) stands for in the model EF261S(OR)?

Thanks...Fatso.

Can you give us a photo of the EF261S-OR guitar in question? The suffix is almost certainly referring to finish and color options, as Brother Winston mentioned above. Doing searches, it seems to be a designation or finish that Takamine doesn't currently use or have... ? (By the way, a cedar top on a mahogany back and sides is far and away my very favorite wood combination for a flat-top acoustic guitar! 💖)

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

@Afatnuglybloke  There is an "(OR)" for sale on Ebay but it didn't define what the OR stood for.  I looked on the Takamine site and they didn't recognize my search with the OR.  They did show the EF261S-AN which is very close to the one for sale on EBay (a cutaway acoustic model). 😎

• Like 3
Take care, Larryz

5 hours ago, Larryz said:

Sorry it was not on Ebay it was on Reverb. 

It is on Reverb and it is sold.  Listed at $700. Cutaway acoustic, Mahogany back and sides, Cedar top, Rosewood Fretboard.  ITEM # 1930274.

Go on    https://reverb.com/item/1930274-takamine-ef261s-or 😎

Haahh!  :laugh:  I laugh, because (A) I'd run across that earlier, myself; and (B) I couldn't find anything there that might explain the "OR" suffix... !

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Thanks heaps all....I think I will go with ORANGE...Though it is curious as to why the letters (OR) are in brackets on the label inside the sound hole. Yet the letters BK on the black Tak have no brackets....Grrrrr...I need to know! I want to know! I must know!

You guys are great...

Fatso (OR)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Caevan O’Shite said:

Haahh!  :laugh:  I laugh, because (A) I'd run across that earlier, myself; and (B) I couldn't find anything there that might explain the "OR" suffix... !

The only thing I could find on the Takamine site in the "FXC body" which was in the info, is a "WR" model which stands for Wine Red.  So I'll guess "OR" stands for Orange Red...?? 😎

• Like 2
Take care, Larryz