Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Does an $1800 USD Korg ARP Odyssey FS kit one builds oneself (no soldering required) interest you?

Does an $1800 USD Korg ARP Odyssey FS kit one builds oneself (no soldering required) interest you?   

38 members have voted

1. 1. Does an $1800 USD Korg ARP Odyssey FS kit one builds oneself (no soldering required) interest you?

• Yes, it does.
    • No, it does not.
    • I already have a hardware ARP or clone.
    • It would if there weren’t so many other synths ahead of it on my list.
    • It would if it also came with a Frito-Lay variety pack.
    • Screw hardware! Software does the job just fine, thank you very much.

Marketing: how many Korg ARP Odyssey FS units did you sell for $1500 since 2017?

Sales: 78 units so far.

Marketing: that’s too bad. Please ask factory to stop assembling them and instead start selling them as kits for $1800!

What could go wrong? 🧐

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Let’s take one of the worlds most unfortunate products, and make it more laughable. Behringer comes out with a VERY feasible Odyssey with full-sized keys and additional effects. Korg comes out with a bare-bones one at over 2x the price, mini keys, and fairly low quality-control (from what I’ve heard).

now… resell it at $300 markup as a kit you have to build.

The only silver lining is I get to be my own quality control, and not the shlubs at HQ.

Seriously, when Behringer rates higher in QC, you know there’s a problem!

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

Having owned a Boddessey, since sold, were I ever to buy another hardware version it would be a Korg.

DazzJazz is spot on about the module, a good friend of mine has one in his studio and it sounds fantastic.

As for me, I now rely on G Force Oddity 3

• Like 2
:nopity:

2 hours ago, Doerfler said:

Having owned a Boddessey, since sold, were I ever to buy another hardware version it would be a Korg.

DazzJazz is spot on about the module, a good friend of mine has one in his studio and it sounds fantastic.

As for me, I now rely on G Force Oddity 3

What about for live? I wouldn’t want to hassle with a module+controller, and can’t stand mini keys.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

Good luck with that Korg. Must've been some layoffs at the Korg factory.

If I really wanted one, (I don't) I'd go for the Behringer model at less than half that price and fully assembled.

These days software is a serious option for something like this.

I owned an original white face Odyssey way back when and gigged with it 6 nights a week. It never let me down, but after selling it years ago, I've never missed it. 

2 hours ago, EricBarker said:

What about for live? I wouldn’t want to hassle with a module+controller, and can’t stand mini keys.

I have the shrunken Korg Odyssey, and I love it. I play it live, so the carrying suitcase is a really nice bonus. I was really worried about the keyboard, but it’s surprisingly playable. Really like the action, too. 

• Like 1

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio