Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Ignore thread?

I just ignore all sorts of threads. Some, I've glanced at - once. 

If you are going to read everything that is posted you will never have an actual life. Threads are simply optional.

When you go to the restaurant you don't order one of each, do you? 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

4 minutes ago, KuruPrionz said:

I just ignore all sorts of threads. Some, I've glanced at - once. 

If you are going to read everything that is posted you will never have an actual life. Threads are simply optional.

When you go to the restaurant you don't order one of each, do you? 

On that topic....

I played a gig a couple of weeks ago with a $200 hospitality budget for us. Beautiful green room and great food. A classy jernt. A pretty big band and I was MD. 

I added up all the items on the menu and it came in below 200. So I ordered "one of each," just to say I did. It was indulgent and awesome. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Just now, MathOfInsects said:

On that topic....

I played a gig a couple of weeks ago with a $200 hospitality budget for us. Beautiful green room and great food. A classy jernt. A pretty big band and I was MD. 

I added up all the items on the menu and it came in below 200. So I ordered "one of each," just to say I did. It was indulgent and awesome. 

There are exceptions to every rule!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Yes, an Ignore Thread feature would be useful.

No I am not referring to any specific threads.

It's more of a time-efficiency thing for me, as it is for Kuru.   Another forum I visit regularly has this feature and I've come to really appreciate it - I mostly use it on threads complaining about certain companies, prices of certain synths, prices of certain other products, etc.   

It'd be a win-win.  People can still feel like they're exercising their right to free speech/expression - within our mods' tolerance/rules - while others can be more selective about what threads they want to see.

Those of you who have never had access to an Ignore Feature might not get it right now, but once you've had it and used it, you're gonna miss it when you go to a forum that doesn't have it....