Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond SKX Pro - Neo Vent Cable

Hi

I recently upgraded from SKX to SKX Pro - now my Vent does not respond to the CU1 switch.
Its the same 11 pin connector in both but has something changed in the SKX Pro so that it now needs the 12v connection as in the XK3c?

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

11 minutes ago, Losendoskeys said:

Hi

I recently upgraded from SKX to SKX Pro - now my Vent does not respond to the CU1 switch.
Its the same 11 pin connector in both but has something changed in the SKX Pro so that it now needs the 12v connection as in the XK3c?

Just an observation.  I have both as well and I never use the vent as the internal sim is really pretty well done.  I don't think you gain that much with the vent.  It's just my opimion but it might be easier than setting up the pedal. I know it doesn't answer your question but it might help.  

• Like 1

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

With SK Pro + Vent, I use Hammond's 11 pin Studio12 cable with tip and ring on TRS reversed. After finding the correct mode in Vent, it works flawlessly. Cable came with power cable attached, but isn't necessary so I snipped it off. Could be different for SKX Pro but I bet not. 

The internal sim is real good, but I still like the Vent a little more. When I get a chance to tweak internal sim some more, it may alleviate desire for Vent. 

• Like 1

There are similar issues with other manufacturers:  Crumar products, different footswitches and rotary hand switches depending on the model.  Why?  Don't understand it from the consumer side but you're not alone.  From the manufacturer's side it forces an additional purchase (revenue generator).

• Like 1

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

On 12/8/2022 at 5:28 PM, Outkaster said:

Just an observation.  I have both as well and I never use the vent as the internal sim is really pretty well done.  I don't think you gain that much with the vent.  It's just my opimion but it might be easier than setting up the pedal. I know it doesn't answer your question but it might help.  

I don't find the internal sim as "warm". 
Interestingly AFAIR you had to disconnect the direct jack out connections for the Leslie output to work on the VASE based SK/X
When I disconnected the jack out on the SKX Pro I got STOP and FAST with the switch but not SLOW which is the one setting I usually use!!!
I don't need the CU1 switch but I'd like to know why it doesn't work!

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

19 hours ago, Outkaster said:

You can't attach the CU1 pedal as the edge of the keyboard is beveled. 

Not true

15 hours ago, rgcm said:

I don't know about the SKX Pro and its menu structure, but the CU! switch works as expected on the SK1.  Down in the menus you need to ensure that "Foot Swich - Device (G)" is set to "CU-1" rather than "Foot SW".

As I said, I had the SK2 and SKX before the SKX Pro and they worked fine with the CU1.
I've changed the SKX Pro setting to Leslie Switch from Foot Switch and got the aforementioned issue

2 hours ago, Losendoskeys said:

Not true

Well how did  you attach it as I have contacted Sweetwater and a few people are bitching to Hammond about this.  

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

If you followed the instructions and it doesn't work then your next step should be to contact Hammond directly.    There may need to be a firmware upgrade to fix the issue.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

On 12/14/2022 at 4:57 PM, Outkaster said:

Well how did  you attach it as I have contacted Sweetwater and a few people are bitching to Hammond about this.  

Sounds like you are not talking about the SKX Pro