Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Existential Question: If I could be everywhere, should I be?

allan_evett

With the creation of places like the Metaverse and Spatial.io, it is possible to be anywhere and other-where within an instant, hyper jumping back and forth simultaneously while your physical self remains right where you are.  Do you exist simultaneously in more than one place at a time?  To get even more complicated, say you are in the metaverse and you happen to fall asleep.  Now you are in a virtual space, a physical space and most likely a dream space.  Can you be all of those "you" at the same time?  Is one more real than the other or do they exist in over-lap in real time/space?

Dang.  I think I am going to get lunch.  I may even have to take a nap and let my brain circuits recover.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Emm said:

Well *I* should, but I don't know about the rest of you. 🤨

"Should" won't get you doodley-squat, will it? 

Not only that, there is no such thing as nothing. Good thing there's like, stuff... 😇

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

23 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

"Should" won't get you doodley-squat, will it? 

Not true. It gets me dirty looks from my neighbors.

Not only that, there is no such thing as nothing.

You mean you've never tried to manage an M&M-fueled toddler? Amazing! Those are downright entropic.

Good thing there's like, stuff... 😇

In my yard! A. Whitney Brown: "Just because a man has appliances on blocks in his yard, drinks liquor from a Flintstones jelly jar and sleeps with his kin doesn't make him a racist, so I'm sure I speak for all white trash when I say that we don't want to be associated with the redneck peckerwoods." :keys2:

• Haha 2

"Let there be dancing in the streets,
   drinking in the saloons and
    necking in the parlors! Play, Don!"
       ~ Groucho Marx    

42 minutes ago, David Emm said:

You mean you've never tried to manage an M&M-fueled toddler? Amazing! Those are downright entropic.

Too easy!!!! Give them a snare drum or a kitten and send them home so their parents can enjoy watching  their children grow up. 

• Haha 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

At least regarding perception, we live in a dichotomous world. To have any thing there must be something that is not that thing. You cannot be everywhere without the option of being nowhere. Can you be nowhere? Technically once you are dead you no longer exist as far as verifiable perception is concerned. Can you be everywhere? If you could be everywhere could there even be a “you” and if so what would you be and what would distinguish you from everything else?

We use many words and phrases as figures of speech. They are frequently mistaken to suggest literal possibilities. Much of what we say is not well thought out.

If you could truly comprehend being everywhere you would no longer be bound by the confines of limits therefore you would no longer be you. You would be all and everything and nothing simultaneously except you would also be outside the bounds of time so you would be infinite and eternal as though you always have been and always will be. IOW some concepts cannot be perceived accurately. You gain a different perspective of a concept observing it from outside. Once inside you become some concepts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewImprov said:

It doesn't matter. No matter where you go, there you are.

So that's what Johnny Cash meant when he sang, " I've been everywhere, man..."

• Haha 2

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

20 hours ago, wjwilcox said:

You are here.

That's what the map in the mall said, but I was so high, it still took me an hour to find the record store. Then it took another hour to find the piano & synthesizer store. Then it took them 45 minutes to throw me out. It was a good Saturday. :like:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

~ Groucho Marx    

10 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

There is, actually.  It’s just silent. :idea:

dB

Reminds me of a book I read many, many years ago: "The Silent Meow".  And cats do seem to be everywhere...

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

So far, I see no problem.

You are present everywhere in the quantum field. Your wave function keeps collapsing to where you perceive yourself to be.

Collapse happens when you are being observed. Tell people to stop looking at you.

Me, I need to start taking my meds, again -- pj

• Haha 2

On 11/28/2022 at 5:12 PM, stillearning said:

If Nords are everywhere, and a tree falls on a Nord when no one’s around, will the Nord make a sound?

If you suck and play a Nord, do you still suck?

(variation on Mick Goodrich's: If you suck and play in the woods and no one hears you, do you still suck?)

• Haha 1

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

1 hour ago, Stokely said:

Reminds me I have been meaning to watch Everything, Everywhere All at Once.  It'll be the first movie of the year for me.

Its a slow slog at first, but once it kicks into gear, it becomes great fun. It has a few elements that feel vaguely familiar, but overall, its not quite like anything else I've seen. The framing of the story is increasingly creative. Maybe its just that it feels understandably Oriental while still being a surreal roller coaster that's different from the usual neon American blaring in fantasy flicks. Its a fine piece of cinema that feels like a full meal.

~ Groucho Marx