Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil Midiboard and Prophet 10 desktop.....

...makes for a pretty amazing synth, Pretty......pretty.......good. 

Having recently messed with a Hydrasynth Deluxe, an Iridium Keyboard, and a former owner of a VAX77, the Kurzweil has them all beat for poly-aftertouch.
I have yet to bring the Yorick LFE into play with the P10, but look forward to doing that. If not familiar It essentially adds extra LFO's, envelopes and a parameter capable sequencer via Midi CC's, but it is P10 aware (along with some other synths, originally designed for the OB6) , so you can address things by parameter name , making it a bit more user friendly. it also communicates 2 way with those synths, so patch changes can be in sync between the 2.

Anyway, just presently enthused. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

2 hours ago, Delaware Dave said:

I'd love to own a MIDIBOARD if it somehow lost about 80 pounds.  Is their a digital diet I could put it on?

Ha - definitely better relegated to a studio.  I'm sure in the mid 80s, even the Pink Floyd roadies were like....damn, now THIS is a pig.

Back in 2006, I had a MIDIBoard given to me in exchange for a few lessons, mainly on how to use a keyboard.  Action was second to none, and I loved playing it.  However, any time I played too hard on it, or too fast, it would freeze up, and I'd have to power it off, and back on.  I stupidly traded it for a Keystation 88ES, mainly because I wanted something a bit more portable, and something that wouldn't freeze up on me all the time.  If I had the chance to get another MIDIBoard, I certainly wouldn't pass it up.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

• 6 months later...
On 11/17/2022 at 8:56 AM, ABECK said:

Serious regrets passing up on the Midiboard I came across at Guitar Center in the late 90s dirt cheap.  

How coincidental....a beautiful Midiboard just fell in my lap for beyond dirt cheap!   I didn't pass this time.  For once, the gods of keyboard bargains have graced me.20230616_182257.thumb.jpg.d56d878eb089b8fe79106a3816bdc033.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, stoken6 said:

Angled, shallow front panel. Deep, flat top. Ideal form factor for a downstairs board.

Same reason I love my RD-1000.

Hardware

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

The RD-1000 is the same.  Long wooden keys, lead weights.  Arguably, for my hands anyway, these two beasts have the best feeling action I've ever played in a DP/controller.  CP300's design is great, but I have an extremely hard time playing it due to its action.

Hardware

Software

14 hours ago, justin_havu said:

The RD-1000 is the same.  Long wooden keys, lead weights.  Arguably, for my hands anyway, these two beasts have the best feeling action I've ever played in a DP/controller.  CP300's design is great, but I have an extremely hard time playing it due to its action.

The touch is so responsive and having dedicated touch response sliders is a great feature.  I can subtly or drastically adjust response on  the fly, based on the program and song.  I'm finding triggering my K2700 from the Midiboard, i can get a wider variety of sounds.  Especially on piano, where the brighter top end is more prevalent with a slight adjustment to the velocity slider.

• Like 1