Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

unrealBook help

I replied to an earlier thread, but thought I’d cast a wider net to get some help. 

I can’t find much in the way of video or written tutorials. 

“I never did get a fix from OnSong. Downloaded unrealBook yesterday and loaded all my fake book PDFs. 

I have to say, the “song list” and “set list” functions are not at all intuitive. I made a list of songs to work on with a piano/fiddle jazz duo but I don’t know how to get back to it or modify it. It just kind of shows up. I’m not sure if it’s a“song list” or “set list” and the most complete online help doesn’t jibe with the current version. 

How do I set up these lists? 

Thanks.”

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

I also did not find UnrealBook intuitive when I first started using it.  I did find the manual helpful but haven’t used it lately so I’m not sure what is not updated with the current version.  
Song list: 

Screenshot 1.   UnrealBook usually opens with the last used page. 

Screenshot 2. You get to your Song Lists by clicking Song, top left and that brings up the drop down menu in alphabetical order including some actions such as “ Add List”

Screenshot 3.  When you click “Add List” you see this screen and then can click on the white boxes to start your list. Then name and save.  

7B22A064-72DD-4377-AF65-48BAD1959DF7.png

B07C9814-5B73-464F-A1E7-F402681EA73C.png

0C2DF65C-FC0E-4B3F-B4C7-33FFB18A74BF.png

• Like 1

Set list Mode:

Screenshot 1. Click the Do button, top left, 3rd one over.  That gives you that drop down menu. Click Set List Mode: off.   That gives you…..

Screenshot 2. Set List Mode: on ✔️   Then go to the bottom of the page and click Press For Setlist.  That gives you the drop down menu of all your Set Lists.  

Screenshot 3. If you’re making a new Set List click the + at the lower left corner.  

8B1A3D49-119F-4C2F-81E8-80728E7435DE.jpeg

0571A12D-83FF-48BD-8D3F-E23F747F96F1.jpeg

9232D10E-B534-4B31-BA24-41EFBB786315.jpeg

1 hour ago, stoken6 said:

OT but: is it typical to chart All Blues in 6/8? I always thought it was a jazz waltz, meaning swung quavers/eighths.

Looking at charts online I see examples of both 6/8 and 3/4.

Cheers, Mike.

Not really sure about typical but this is right from The Real Book.  I’m not a jazz pianist by any stretch but when the guys I play with attempt some Jazz standards we’re relying on Realbook charts to get on the same page.  Pun intended.  

9 hours ago, Mills Dude said:

OMG, what edition of the Real Book is this from?  Where's the #9s?  I scanned this from my 5th edition.  It doesn't have the bass figure but at least the chord symbols are a bit more accurate.  Gotta get those #9s in the turnaround.

AllBlues.thumb.jpg.843c686348ac0471c0570a8b4c6d658a.jpg

Let me see what my version says.  (I don't have a Real Book but I know that I have this song photocopied from my friend's, I'll ask him which edition it is)

Instruments: Walters Grand Console Upright Piano circa 1950 something, Kurzweil PC4-88, Ibanez TMB-100
Studio Gear: Audient EVO16, JBL 305P MKII monitors, assorted microphones, Reaper

• 4 weeks later...