Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm so done with Musicians Friend.

surfergirl

3 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

They have been calling me ever since I purchased from them. I finally blocked them, now are filling up my voice mail and email inbox.

Sweetwater assigns you a salesperson when you order from them, and that person will call or email every few months, but not so much that it becomes invasive.

• Like 3

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

I feel like they're trying to copy Sweetwater, but are going too far. I've gotten quite a few emails lately "checking in with me about my "abandoned" cart". And a voicemail and a text. The best part is that the emails don't identify them as being from Musician's Friend at all, other than if you check the email address.

• Like 3

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

20 minutes ago, Sharkman said:

Hmmm, I've spent hundreds of dollars with Musician's Friend, and they never call me.  I guess they don't like me very much.  I'm mildly distraught, but I'll get over it.

I've been a customer for a few years but they never bothered me until about a month ago. I think it's maybe something new they're trying?

• Like 3

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

The last thing I acquired from Musicians Friend, was the latest Fender Super Champ X2 i acquired a few years back. It was the last all now one I could find on the web as they were clearing out the discontinued Fender SCX2. I had one before this one, five or more years back and I always regretted selling it. Right now I am looking for another one a head version. The one I have is a 1-10 combo.

I prefer Sweetwater to MF every time, but they did not have the SCX2 when I wanted the new one, nor the Eminence Lil Buddy hemp cone speaker that i bought for the SCX2.

• Like 2

The calls came right after a purchase, 3 calls and 2 emails after I purchased my G&L, 2 calls and 2 emails after Ukulele #1, 2 after Ukulele #2. The last was I purchased some strings on the 1st, received a call on the 2nd and the 5th. So they all came after a purchase. 

It didn't help my disposition that we had loaded up our Jeep to go hunting and had a dead battery.  

• Like 3

Jennifer S.

I like the G&L a lot. It had some small issues that were easy to fix and didn't cost anything. I'm spending more time with the Fender Ukulele. Maybe I will find a spot over in Hale'iwa next summer and try some busking on my days off. 

I will still buy from MF, there have been a few acoustic or acoustic/electrics on SDOTD. Don't want spend any right now.

Needed a new battery, $150. we didn't want spend. We need the Jeep, my Subaru is 4 wheel drive, but I wouldn't try to take it where we hunt. 

• Like 3

Jennifer S.

Glad the G&L worked out for you.  I've read a lot of good comments on them.  Usually, MF guitars just need a little set up work.  Hope that acoustic/electric is in your future as they may good busking instruments too.  Have fun taking that jeep out on a few hunting trips and hope you get one (whatever it is LOL!).  👍 

• Like 3
Take care, Larryz

6 hours ago, surfergirl said:

Maybe I will find a spot over in Hale'iwa next summer and try some busking on my days off. 

That's great! "Breakaleg"...

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

It's best not to give any company like this your phone number. It's none of their business. And if you're required to input a phone number, just make one up. I always go with my area code then 555-1212. 

I once had a cashier ask for my phone number. I told her that was private. She then said she could not proceed with the sale unless she had a number to enter. I then said, "Well, then you had better make one up." Frustrated, she put in whatever number it was. 

Once these companies get your number, then you usually end up on all sorts of calling lists. Or, in the very least, they bug the heck out of you. Therefore, keep your number to yourself. Protect it as you would your SS#.

• Like 1

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

9 hours ago, Anderton said:

Have you told them not to call or email you? I think most companies will leave you alone if you tell them not to do it. I know Sweetwater does.

Haven't received any calls in a week, so appears they are calling directly after a purchase. I unsubscibed from emails, except for SDOTD. 

• Like 2

Jennifer S.