Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

jordan rudess

lsj

I am planning on seeing Jordan Rudess in concert August here in FT. Lauderdale.  wondering if anyone has seen his concert and wondering if he is just playing an acoustic piano or will he be performing with synthesizers.

Hey everybody! Hope you are all doing well. Thanks for interest in my solo shows. The shows have been going great!
The show starts with an improvisation on piano- into playing some Bach—use some very cool tech called “Moises” (which is a track separator which allows me to do virtual duets with some of my favorite singers (Greg Lake, Jon Anderson) premier a new 15 minute Dream Theater medley created for piano, play some guitar and jam on GeoShred. I have seven more shows in this run as of this writing. The dates are here:

https://www.jordanrudess.com/tours/

Hope to see ya there!

Jordan 

• Like 10
  • Cool 1

Remember to breathe.

www.jordanrudess.com

2 hours ago, Rudess said:

Hey everybody! Hope you are all doing well. Thanks for interest in my solo shows. The shows have been going great!
The show starts with an improvisation on piano- into playing some Bach—use some very cool tech called “Moises” (which is a track separator which allows me to do virtual duets with some of my favorite singers (Greg Lake, Jon Anderson) premier a new 15 minute Dream Theater medley created for piano, play some guitar and jam on GeoShred. I have seven more shows in this run as of this writing. The dates are here:

Hope to see ya there!

Jordan 

Brother Jordan! Good to see you here… :wave:

Thanks for the details.  Glad to hear the shows are going well!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

1 hour ago, Dave Ferris said:

I have to go with someone who has mastered his/her instrument. You can attach any title to it you might like but the bottom line means you have complete control and there no technical issues that are standing in the way to express yourself with total freedom.

I was kidding, cause I'm jealous. 

Although I lean more towards Bobby Whitlock and Greg Allman. And maybe some Qatermass Pete Robinson when I have some rage to vent.

FunMachine.

I saw him open for Al DiMeoa a while back and I found his solo show at that time to great.

His performance covers a lot of territory...and I honestly find his solo show connects with me more than his DT performances. You should not be disappointed.

The GeoShred stuff is kind of incomprehensible . His piano chops really shine when he's solo. He gets to talk a little more and explain what's going on.

My non-muso wife liked it way better than she expected. She thought I was dragging her to a musical torture chamber.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

Missed your show here in Sao Paulo some years back!    Glad to see you're back here in August with Dream Theater, hope you come back with the solo show. 

On 7/25/2022 at 10:52 AM, Rudess said:

. The dates are here:

Hope to see ya there!

Jordan 

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760