Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Carlos Santana collapses onstage, heat exhaustion and dehydration

Carlos Santana collapsed on stage at Pine Knob in Clarkston, MI, said to be due to heat exhaustion and dehydration; he's said to be doing well, while in a hospital.

The next scheduled concert slated for 07/06/2022 at The Pavilion at Star Lake in Burgettstown, PA has been postponed.

https://www.santana.com/news/carlos-overcome-with-heat-exhaustion-and-dehydration/?fbclid=IwAR1laWHw5e0Wf6C0vasI2lbNqzXo7Vk4rWIOQBrprxAQdOvH6RZHTuJu1io

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Best wishes Carlos. I saw the original Santana Band on their first national tour in Philly back in the day. They opened for Chicago, and maybe the Youngbloods and perhaps another band, and the Santana Band impressed me more than any other band of the 4 on the bill that night.

• Like 2

Pine Knob is about a half hour drive north of me, and I've gone to quite a few concerts there since the Seventies.  Yesterday, the temperature reached 90 degrees under mostly sunny skies.  Around the time that Carlos Santana collapsed, I was sitting on my driveway, pulling out weeds that grew in the expansion cracks.  I had to quit early, because the heat and humidity was getting to me.  So it does not surprise me that the heat and humidity got to Carlos as well.  Give him a couple quarts of cold Gatorade and a good breakfast, and he'll be fine.

• Like 4
I rock; therefore, I am.

It will get you.  Our trumpet player had the same thing happen to him 3 weeks ago at an outdoor gig.  I had EV speakers hitting thermal shut down.  It can be dangerous.

• Like 4

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Get well soon Carlos!  I wound up in the hospital a couple of years ago with heat stroke, so I know the feeling.  Santana is one of my all-time favorites and I hope Carlos is back on his feet soon!  😎

• Like 4
Take care, Larryz

Wishing Carlos all the best.

I have no idea how I never succumbed to heat exhaustion, maybe it is the low humidity in Fresno? 

Still, I've been out in 116 degrees once and a few times over 110.

Not in Bellingham, nice and cool here. I don't miss Fresno summers!!!!!

• Like 3
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Just another reminder that you have to take extra care of yourself when in extreme temperature conditions, especially when exerting yourself.  And “extreme” means temps you’re not acclimated to!

I say that as someone who has nearly died from both hypothermia (in CO) and heat stroke (in Tx).

Get well, Carlos!

• Like 6

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/