Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sun Shield for LCD Screen, Made By a Kid I Know

I asked my son, who is good with a 3D printer, to design and make me a cover for the LCD on my FA-06, since that screen is unusable if the sun is anywhere in the hemisphere. This is what he made me. It's awesome. Check it out!

By the way, the writing you may be able to see on the underside was a joke: it says "Run!" which is a creepy Stranger Things Season 1 reference.

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

• Like 13

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Nice. I could really use something like this for my Kronos.  I have a piece of black cardboard that I attach with gaffers tape when necessary but this is much more elegant. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

I had to make a light shield for my Kronos in my practice space the overhead light above my music stand was just too much.   So I was lazy cut a piece of cardboard and taped it to bottom of my music stand.  Trouble is I made it the exact size need so if I move my move the light or the music stand I have to reposition the cardboard shade.    Since I'm playing my Nord S3 now with it's LED display no need for a shade anymore.   Plus Nord not being a touchscreen I don't need to wipe off fingerprints every week. 

• Like 1

Well done, SonOfInsects!

You should ask him what filament he used - if PLA, don't leave that cover in your car on a hot day - it will likely warp as the glass transition temperature of PLA is pretty close to interior-of-a-hot-car temperatures. If ABS or PETG filament, then no worries. 

Signed,

Your local Keyboard Corner mechanical engineer and 3D printing consultant

• Love 1

Neat lid for the LCD.  Very useful.  Could use one for the iPad.  Could probably get longer battery from it with brightness turned down as well.  

I had an outdoor this weekend.  Took the CP88 and a EV PA speaker.  Started in the shade, but that didn’t last too long.  CP kept running but the EV turned itself off after some time in direct sun.  Had to relocate it in some shade.  

• Like 1

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

On 6/25/2022 at 10:21 AM, MathOfInsects said:

I asked my son, who is good with a 3D printer, to design and make me a cover for the LCD on my FA-06, since that screen is unusable if the sun is anywhere in the hemisphere. This is what he made me. It's awesome. Check it out

Nice. He could probably sell them on Etsy and/or eBay.

4 hours ago, ElmerJFudd said:

EV turned itself off after some time in direct sun.  Had to relocate it in some shade.  

Uh huh. The downside of not having a fan in it. They do (or did) make a white version of it, which would help, but they are hard to find.

• Like 1

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

On 6/25/2022 at 6:03 PM, RichieP_MechE said:

Well done, SonOfInsects!

You should ask him what filament he used - if PLA, don't leave that cover in your car on a hot day - it will likely warp as the glass transition temperature of PLA is pretty close to interior-of-a-hot-car temperatures. If ABS or PETG filament, then no worries. 

Signed,

Your local Keyboard Corner mechanical engineer and 3D printing consultant

He says PLA. Caution noted. Thanks.

• Like 1

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com