Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Have you ever tried to move things without touching them?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an easy way to get a bunch of things to move without touching a single one.

1) Get a job as the DJ in a strip joint.

2) Act like your mic is intermittent all night.

3) When the place is packed, get on the PA:

"Uh, folks? I've just been notified by the bouncer that the car with license plate is having its windows bashed in by a woman who says she's the car owners wife. That's a ."

"For instance" is not proof.

Once I moved my amp across stage without touching it.

The first time I performes on a large stage (after club-size "postage stamps"), I strode confidently forward to the lip of the stage for a guitar solo, pulled the volume pedal/cord taunt through the air & wham, Fender Twin face down!

When I was a kid, I read an "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" story about this guy who was trying to move objects via telekenesis. He started by making his pinky toe move by thinking about it (the remotest part of the body). Then after that he was going to try a pencil.

When they busted down the door, they found his journal detailing his exertions, a sock and shoe, a pencil, and nothing else.

So naturally, I trained my 6th grade self to wiggle my little toes (without moving the other toes ... quite a little feat *pun*). Never could move a pencil just by thinking about it.

BUT, I can make certain of my husband's body parts stand straight up just by taking off my clothes.

Originally posted by cherri:

When I was a kid, I read an "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" story about this guy who was trying to move objects via telekenesis. He started by making his pinky toe move by thinking about it (the remotest part of the body). Then after that he was going to try a pencil.

When they busted down the door, they found his journal detailing his exertions, a sock and shoe, a pencil, and nothing else.

So naturally, I trained my 6th grade self to wiggle my little toes (without moving the other toes ... quite a little feat *pun*). Never could move a pencil just by thinking about it.

BUT, I can make certain of my husband's body parts stand straight up just by taking off my clothes.

Why does his little toe stand up when you take your clothes off?

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Here's a little test for psychokinetic ability that I learned from some people at The Rhine Research Center .

Take an average size sewing needle and coat it thoroughly with butter. Now very carefully place the needle onto a surface of water such as a drinking glass. It should float. Now without getting close enough to the needle, and glass to move it with your breath, try to make the needle rotate to the left or right.

Take an average size sewing needle and coat it thoroughly with butter. Now very carefully place the needle onto a surface of water such as a drinking glass. It should float. Now without getting close enough to the needle, and glass to move it with your breath, try to make the needle rotate to the left or right.

Hmmm... if you stroked that needle in the same direction repeatedly with a magnet first, you may be able to get it to move by shifting you orientation, provided you have a sufficiently "magnetic" personality. Water already has enough surface tension to suspend a gently placed needle, but the butter may act as an anti-surfactant, further decreasing the drag. Off to the lab!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One other note... I do remember reading about an experiment at Cambridge (?) where a giant "plinko" type board had been set up and thousands and thousands of ball bearings were dropped from the top repeatedly only to trickle down and gather at the bottom. Over the course of repeatedly conducting the experiment and gathering the statistical data, it was found that the results indicated a classic bell curve distribution of the ball bearings at the bottom. The experiment was then repeatedly conducted with a group of observers who were instructed to "try" to make the bearings fall more in one direction or another. Surprisingly, the distribution was skewed slightly when observers were trying to make the bearings fall in either direction only with their minds. It was something on the order of .005%, negligable, but still interesting.

Archived