Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard stand with monitor mounts

Is there such a thing as a keyboard stand with mounts/shelves for small monitor speakers? I have tried Thomann etc. but haven’t been able to find anything.

I have X stands that can take mounts but I just cannot find any mounts/shelves that would take small monitor speakers (think Roth Audioblob or iLoud Micro Monitors etc)

Thanks! 

Kurzweil PC3x

Technics SX-P50

Korg X3

What I was thinking of doing for a quick and dirty solution for myself.... Put a second X-stand behind the keyboard then go to Lowes or some other DIY store and buy a pre-made shelf or just a piece of wood for a shelf and put that on top of the second X-stand.    Adjustable to get monitors at good height and room for a laptop in between. 

• Like 1

In response to Docbop, I carry one of my keyboards in a hard guitar case so I use that empty on top of an X-stand as a side table to put my laptop and whatnot on to my left in an L-shape (when stage permits).  You may have one of those laying around or already at the gig you could purpose as a table top.  Plus it looks musical.

With something like the iLouds, you could also consider using their 3/8" thread mounts and source some hardware to attach them to a keyboard stand if it has sufficiently tall and rigid vertical supports. Early pandemic I needed to figure out a way to get iLoud MTM's up to ear level for a makeshift remote studio. (They're slightly larger than the Micros, but mount in the same way.) I ended solving the conundrum with some hardware from Triad-Orbit. Their stuff isn't cheap, but it's well-built and well-documented.

My situation wasn't exactly like yours may be.  In my case I had my keyboards on a Standtastic wall-mount system, so for me there wasn't anything suitable to clamp to on the keyboard support system itself. I could have gone with simple floor-standing mic stands for the iLouds (5/8"->3/8" adapters are cheap and easy to find), but I wanted something cleaner, so I wall mounted a few poles and used the Triad-Orbit hardware to make it all work.

I could have opted instead for a simpler solution using wall-mount hardware with the speaker thread-mounts to put the iLoud's in a fixed position. However in my case I wanted to be able to adjust their height easily for sit/stand purposes, hence the pipe fittings/C-clamp setup. 

If you found a keyboard stand with vertical struts that went as high as you needed for your monitors, you might consider a variation on this idea.

20200926_180355.jpg

20200926_180420 (2).jpg

• Like 1
B/Midiboard/VirusKC/Matrix12/EX5/Maschine

The Nord monitors are not mounted on the stand, but on the keyboard itself. Which in turn is not just sitting on the stand, but it's mounted on it. So the whole system becomes essentially one big piece of gear. Nice for the studio, a mess for gigging.

• 4 weeks later...

If you can find one, the Quiklok 716 (single) or 726 (double) ("L" if you want the wide version shown in the pic) will do the trick if you add the Z731 speaker stands.  You can add various accessories to suite your setup.  Page 26 of the catalog has them although they don't show on the US site.

20220701_161831243_iOS.jpg

• Like 1

Kurzweil PC3x - Polybrute - Voyager XL - Minitaur - Roland PK-5 - Integra-7 - TR-8s - KArp Odyssey

"Prog keyboardists are supposed to look like they're manning the helm of the Starship Enterprise..." -synthizen2