Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Zzzz, let me know when you change avatars

I actually agree that an avatar glorifying violence is far more offensive to any sane person than one glorifying sex or love, even if that is same sex (get over it already people!).

Still, what can you do? Most people are morons.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TheWewus:

So thing is... we really hate you, and wish you would go away. You're not our kind.

Do you mind?

Sorry if that rhymes, it happens sometimes.

We're not blind!

I'm not "we," nor any particular kind,

but the name-calling and ridicule is offensive, I find...

Really, it's getting old. What ever happened to "don't feed the troll?" :confused:

Originally posted by Hanshananigan:

So thing is... we really hate you, and wish you would go away. You're not our kind.

Do you mind?

We're not blind!

Really, it's getting old. What ever happened to "don't feed the troll?" :confused:

Hey man Zzzz is not a troll, he's just taking longer than normal to integrate into the group, and I'm just probing his subconscious for hints on ways to fuck with him later.

Originally posted by Sunny.:

I actually agree that an avatar glorifying violence is far more offensive to any sane person than one glorifying sex or love, even if that is same sex (get over it already people!).

Still, what can you do? Most people are morons.

I have to agree- and I am amused by the way zzzz makes his point this time- but probably best to steer clear of either?

If I had an avatar, it would be Ginger Baker's then-pre-pubescent daughter nude from the Blind Faith album cover, and that would probably upset some folks too- so probably good I just have this pumpkin thing if it's still there.

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Do you mind?

We're not blind!

Well I insist I'm not a troll, but I'm done defending myself in that regard.

I'm also not a sad pathetic little weasel of a dweeb in need of attention. Well, maybe I am a little, but no more than most others. :P

And at least I'm not a know-it-all who has all the answers to all the world's problems who's never wrong and is beyond all reproach. I find that much more annoying than your garden variety troll, but who's counting.

I do think these boards are interesting in how they work when talking "philosophically" or "hypothetically" about the world out there, as if it were different then the world in here. Glass houses...blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, I think TheWewus is right when he says, "your're not our kind". This troll label has happened too many times, so obviously I don't fit in here, even when I'm goofing around. And that's perfectly alright!! :)

So thanks for the laughs, and please don't feed me, I'm on a diet.

Peace and kisses! :love:

Originally posted by kylen:

Z - you can't fool me - those 2 guys are in the tank aren't they :confused:

BBBBWWWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!

Damn Kylen, I had to add. If I'd a been drinking anything it would be all over my keyboard and monitor. As it is I blew snot from the ol' schnoz. :eek:

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

I really don't have a lot of patience for someone trying to make a "statement" with their Avatar.

If you want to make a statement around here, you should just probably go ahead and make it. We're not stupid. Exposure to violence is worse than exposure to sex. Got it!

Originally posted by Zzzz:

Do you mind?

We're not blind!

Well I insist I'm not a troll, but I'm done defending myself in that regard.

I'm also not a sad pathetic little weasel of a dweeb in need of attention. Well, maybe I am a little, but no more than most others. :P

And at least I'm not a know-it-all who has all the answers to all the world's problems who's never wrong and is beyond all reproach. I find that much more annoying than your garden variety troll, but who's counting.

I do think these boards are interesting in how they work when talking "philosophically" or "hypothetically" about the world out there, as if it were different then the world in here. Glass houses...blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, I think TheWewus is right when he says, "your're not our kind". This troll label has happened too many times, so obviously I don't fit in here, even when I'm goofing around. And that's perfectly alright!! :)

So thanks for the laughs, and please don't feed me, I'm on a diet.

Peace and kisses! :love:

YOU'RE such a martyr, and unfortunately a lot like everyone else. Or........are you?

I really don't have a lot of patience for someone trying to make a "statement" with their Avatar.

If you want to make a statement around here, you should just probably go ahead and make it. We're not stupid. Exposure to violence is worse than exposure to sex. Got it!

Please don't feed me dude!

Briefly...I wasn't making a statement!!

It was turned into one by people being offended. I really didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Originally posted by Zzzz:

Please don't feed me dude!

I don't really think yer a troll-just repeatin what the ack-ack-ackers seem to be a sayin. I've actually appreciated many of yer arguments. 'Got what yer sayin, Wewus. I just a wish sometimes yin guys would just settle down in one thread just fer the two of yins guys and just have an ole Amish rake fight or somethin. Ok, I'll get out of the way now, and let yins have yer fun. Sompthin bout "astroglide projections" goin on in another thread I gots ta check out... :wave:

Originally posted by JimmieWannaB:

Would you guys lighten up? Zzzz is having a ball yanking your chains.

Sure. I belong to none of the groups he was trying to offend. Why should I care? I'm neither particularly religious nor homophobic. I just have that bad habit of looking out after other people, and smacking bullies around when I can. But nothing he did bothered me at all. Not even being himself.

- Jeff

I believe the image was inappropriate for a forum used by children (Bunny for example) and by people in workplaces. It's also great that Zzzz changed it :thu:

Now all I wanna know is: which is better, Mac or PC?

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

Originally posted by JimmieWannaB:

Would you guys lighten up? Zzzz is having a ball yanking your chains.

Sure. I belong to none of the groups he was trying to offend. Why should I care? I'm neither particularly religious nor homophobic. I just have that bad habit of looking out after other people, and smacking bullies around when I can. But nothing he did bothered me at all. Not even being himself.

- Jeff

I'm just posting because I'm anal (pun intended).

I was not trying to offend anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truth be told, I was just making a little dig at the homo-erotic nature of the military and war. But it was more just a joke. Not supposed to shock or offend.

People joke a lot here, as much if not more than they are serious.

The fact that people were offended, and started arguing about it, happened while I wasn't here.

As soon as I saw people were offended, I took it down, and that's when it became a statement. The fact that some people are offended by 2 guys kissing in the year 2004 speaks for itself.

And Mr. Weasel man, what are you, a vigilante? I can't help but notice that you never defend me when I'm getting bullied. I guess that's because you're too busy being the bully.

Weasels are known for their predatory and aggressive nature. They're always going out of their way to attack the most undeserving and defenseless animals...

When they're not running record labels and hosting reality tv shows, that is

*Howard Zinn for President*

**Pilsner Urquell for President of Beers!**

Originally posted by Mike Dawson:

Weasels are known for their predatory and aggressive nature. They're always going out of their way to attack the most undeserving and defenseless animals...

That's true. Weasels are baaaad mofos. When I first adopted the Weasel moniker many years ago, I started learning about them. The animal version... I already was familiar with the human version. :)

A good example is this guy, the Least Weasel.

http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/images/least_weasel.jpg

The least weasel's diet consists of mice, rats, moles, small birds, bird's eggs, rabbits, and poultry. The least weasel's claws and sharp teeth help this animal to catch their prey. The least weasel is the smallest carnivore in the world. It can kill prey up to 5 times its own size.

Five times! That's crazy. It kills by sinking its razor-sharp teeth into the brain of its prey. Heavy, man.

Back to topic: thanks for changing your avatar, Zzzzzz.

- Jeff

Ahh yes, we all take life so seriously, and we all take ourselves so seriously because we are all really something you know, just ask us and we will tell you and so we hate others' avatars and we hate others' attitudes and holy cow! Some of you are a complicated mess.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Well, mine's intended as a literary reference to "Gravity's Rainbow." (Rocket 00000). The pic is a German V2, so I suppose it could offend WWII veterans, Jewish people, and residents of areas of England that got hit by the things.

My old one was an image of one of the tiles from Frank Lloyd Wright's Ennis-Brown house. It's been used as a location in a bazillion movies, most notably "Blade Runner."

I gots me some snobby, Fraiser Crane-ass avatars, don't I? :P Time to go surfing for an image of Mojo Jojo from "Powerpuff Girls." Frustrated monkey trying to take over the world... I feel like that a lot of the time.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Archived