Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Software Deals

Three

Three GForce Oberheim products just went on sale.

GForce Oberheim - The Bundle

GForce has painstakingly emulated every section of the Oberheim OB-E and Oberheim SEM to ensure sonic authenticity, right down to the analog inaccuracies of the original hardware instruments thus blurring the lines between analog character and digital precision. Every functional addition to these instruments was chosen to compliment the existing feature set and, very specifically, because it enhanced the sonic and musical qualities of the originals.

Usually $309, now $209.  Available through the MPN Shop.

GForce Oberheim OB-E

The Oberheim OB-E is GForce's take on the legendary Oberheim® 8-Voice and the first software instrument ever to receive Tom Oberheim’s personal endorsement. More than just an emulation, the OB-E offers a unique musical experience. Sounding HUGE, it takes the iconic Synthesizer Expander Module (SEM®) based 8-Voice (a.k.a the EVS) into new sonic territory via a raft of enhancements and additions.

The concept of the 8-Voice is actually very simple; based around a single SEM containing two VCOs with Pulse and Sawtooth waveforms, two ADS Envelope Generators, one LFO, and a magical Multi-Mode Filter. In isolation each SEM is monophonic, but in the 8-Voice, because there are eight SEMs triggered by a polyphonic keyboard, you have a superb eight note polyphonic synthesizer.

This unique Octaphonic architecture offers fresh and exciting creative possibilities to music producers, composers and sound designers for the first time in the digital realm.

Usually $199.99, now $119.99.  Available through the MPN Shop.

GForce Oberheim SEM

When Tom Oberheim created the first Oberheim® Synthesizer Expander Module (model SEM-1) in 1974, he had one goal – to make a synth that sounded great, whilst being extremely simple to use. In the decades since the release of this iconic synth, it’s been used by countless legendary musicians, making the SEM one of the most revered synthesizers of all time.

As well as painstakingly recreating the huge, unmistakable sound of the SEM, the GForce Oberheim SEM also recreates the ethos of the original – a simple monophonic synth that allows you to shape incredible sounds in an instant. And with Tom Oberheim’s seal of approval, you can be confident in its authenticity. Add to this more than 400+ categorised patches, and inspiration is just moments away.

Usually $59, now $39.  Available through the MPN Shop.

Sale ends 10/31/23

dB

• Like 5

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• 3 weeks later...

GForce has added three more synths to the sale, all available at the MPN SHOP

GForce Minimonsta 2

GForce thinks of it as a Mini emulation on steroids because, until Minimonsta, numerous clones simply attempted to copy the original instrument and then add one or two features such as polyphony and another LFO, Minimonsta takes a radically different look at this vintage masterpiece and operates on two levels. It comes with over 6000 factory patches across 500+ Meta-patches (including many from Rick Wakeman). All original features including 3 oscillators and the famous 4-pole, 24dB/octave filter. Additional LFO & ADSR for modulation of almost every parameter making it the most programmable one.

Normally $129.99, now $64.99

GForce Oddity

When the original GForce Oddity was released all the way back in 2002, it was heavily praised by fans and critics alike for its incredibly accurate representation of the revered ARP® Odyssey, with some notable users even calling it their desert island synth. Now, twenty-one years later, this classic has been updated to make it the most authentic, powerful and modern odyssey available. 

Oddity3 takes the character and sound of Oddity and adds a wave of enhancements, bringing the spirit of the original to a new generation of music makers. With a powerful new Preset Browserand 1250+ presetsincluding 250+ new ones, new Distortion and Reverb effects, a Vintage control for dialing in authentic imperfections, and four programmable Macros, plus new and improved performance controls, this classic desert island synth just got even better.

Normally $129.99, now $64.99

…and we finally have:

GForce OB-X

Beautifully classic yet resolutely modern, Oberheim OB-X is the world's first officially endorsed emulation of this famous 80s synth. Yet it sounds modern and lends itself superbly to Electronica, EDM, Drum and Bass, Ambient, Rock, Prog Rock, Hip Hop and more. The original synth was used by revered artists and groups such as; Japan, Ultravox, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Depeche Mode, Queen, Larry Dunn, Youth, Chris Franke, Styx, BBC Radiophonic Workshop, and many more.

Normally $129.99, now $77.99

Sale ends 10/31/23.

dB

• Like 3
  • Love 3

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

1 hour ago, Dave Bryce said:

GForce Oddity

When the original GForce Oddity was released all the way back in 2002, it was heavily praised by fans and critics alike for its incredibly accurate representation of the revered ARP® Odyssey, with some notable users even calling it their desert island synth. Now, twenty-one years later, we’ve updated this classic to make it the most authentic, powerful and modern odyssey available. 

Oddity3 takes the character and sound of Oddity and adds a wave of enhancements, bringing the spirit of the original to a new generation of music makers. With a powerful new Preset Browserand 1250+ presetsincluding 250+ new ones, new Distortion and Reverb effects, a Vintage control for dialing in authentic imperfections, and four programmable Macros, plus new and improved performance controls, this classic desert island synth just got even better.

Why do I have a feeling this is better than Korg's plugin? 😭

KV331's Synthmaster 2 Player is free for a short while (a quick search came up blank as to when this promo ends). A little confusingly, this is not the free Synthmaster 2 Player, but the (normally) $29 version with many more presets:

https://www.synthmaster.com/synthmasterplayer.aspx

I grabbed it, and can attest to it having close to 2000 presets, categorized in a browser with selectable attributes. This thing can make some noise - there's a ton of variety too. Can't lose at this price!

• Like 2

Just an FYI, I did an installation on a Mac running Monterey 12.6 and the AU2 version simply did not appear. 

So, I tried again and the VST3 version is up and running. Very cool synth, thanks for sharing!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

4 hours ago, Reezekeys said:

KV331's Synthmaster 2 Player is free for a short while (a quick search came up blank as to when this promo ends). A little confusingly, this is not the free Synthmaster 2 Player, but the (normally) $29 version with many more presets:

https://www.synthmaster.com/synthmasterplayer.aspx

I grabbed it, and can attest to it having close to 2000 presets, categorized in a browser with selectable attributes. This thing can make some noise - there's a ton of variety too. Can't lose at this price!

1 was one of the first VSTs I ever bought in 2014, wild how much they've grown over ten years!

I have SynthMaster One as part of my iOS rig. It's one seriously powerful piece of software - and it runs nicely on my seven-year-old iPhone (but I much prefer editing it on my iPad)!

For the cover band person, I think they sell sound packs with presets configured for a lot of the current repertoire - a serious time saver. According to their webpage the expansions will be on sale for 70% off ($5 each) in November. Might have to set myself a reminder!

If you're looking for other Cherry Audio synths and loops, samples etc.  at great discount for great cause-level up. They've done this before, great prices- pay what you can/want.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/level-up-remix-software?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_4_layout_type_threes_tile_index_3_c_levelupremix_softwarebundle

Pick your size between three different packages- , tons of loops, Mixcraft, Chery 106, Polymoog,  OB-8 voice, Mercury (Jupiter) 4, and lots of others. 

• Like 2

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.

Not sure if I'll get anything this holiday season (and boy it seems like the whole year is now becoming a "holiday sale season").   I have plugins I haven't really even used yet, mostly those in Komplete.   No needs that I can think of, but that also goes for my live hardware rig and I have gig money building up that the wife might start plundering if I don't spend it :D    Might be time to actually get a new computer, as my 2016 macbook pro is having a few issues with some plugins, chewing up the cpu.   I don't think I'll do this, but I debated jumping ship over to Windows because I'd also like to get a new gaming/work pc, and I could put together a mighty system if I could combine those needs!  However, I'm pretty used to Logic and in particular I wouldn't have a replacement for Drummer believe it or not.  Daw-wise, I've used quite a few through the years and I'm sure I could adapt to a new one just fine.

If I ever get to the point where I actually buy something I already own, that's when I know things have gone too far.  I think I actually got somewhat close to doing that at one point, granted it was for some really cheap plugin that was on some 900% off silly sale, which of course always catches my eye.

Kontakt in particular is dangerous, especially if you buy libraries that don't show in the main list with the pictures (not sure why some do, and some don't...).  Really easy to forget some library you picked up a couple years ago.

• Like 1

Well, actually encountered a really good deal I think, but it depends.

Buy a computer magazine (I guess just one month if it's similar to what I did years ago) and you get Imposcar 2.   It's an oldie but a very goody--and it could mean a discount for Imposcar 3, which they are apparently working on.  That last bit about a discount is conjecture by someone else on another forum, so don't hold me to it!

It doesn't run Apple native, just a heads up.   I'm still using an Intel mac myself.  I don't need another synth to be sure, but if it's only the cost of one magazine I'll probably get it on the chance that it leads to a v3 discount.

10 hours ago, bill5 said:

Define "used." I currently have about 75+ I haven't even tried (granted mostly free ones and mostly effects which I need like a kickstand on a tank).

I have unused large synths collections, lots of pianos, full orchestral libraries, tons of effects, samples, MIDI loops, ... Too many offers !!! 😬

But I am installing some of them on my wannabe gig rig, so there is still hope! 😆

See, now that UAD deal ^ is the kind that really tests my resolve :)   

Unless that "Polymax" synth does something really unusual, I have plugins for each and every one of the things in that deal.   But I figure those UAD ones are high quality, and for all I know I might prefer them (to whatever degree).  For example, I have Fuse audio's plate and really like it, otherwise that alone probably would have made me pull the trigger :)  In other words, if only one of those bundled plugins were something I needed, that would make the whole thing worth it!

Does look like an excellent deal though!

On 10/25/2023 at 1:35 PM, Stokely said:

Well, actually encountered a really good deal I think, but it depends.

Buy a computer magazine (I guess just one month if it's similar to what I did years ago) and you get Imposcar 2.   It's an oldie but a very goody--and it could mean a discount for Imposcar 3, which they are apparently working on.  That last bit about a discount is conjecture by someone else on another forum, so don't hold me to it!

It doesn't run Apple native, just a heads up.   I'm still using an Intel mac myself.  I don't need another synth to be sure, but if it's only the cost of one magazine I'll probably get it on the chance that it leads to a v3 discount.

I have all the GForce stuff listed on this page, and while they're pretty much my favorites of the mountain of soft stuff I've got,

impOSCar still holds a really unique position.  In addition to the usual VA stuff, you can also use two additive oscillators of your designing.

I've been an additive fan since my Kawai K5/K5000 days, but impOSCar sounds infinitely superior to other additive stuff I've had and tried.

Big and beefy compared to the normal thin and glassy additive stuff.

There's a demo version at the bottom of this page: https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/imposcar2/

for anyone who wants to give it a try.

I believe Alchemy (which I have being a Logic user) has additive synthesis.  I'm more of a preset tweaker so I might not recognize it if I came across it.

The mag edition that has Imposcar 2 included (full version verified from Gforce) is the December edition, which isn't out yet fyi.   For $5.99 I'm going to pick it up.

7 minutes ago, Stokely said:

I believe Alchemy (which I have being a Logic user) has additive synthesis.  I'm more of a preset tweaker so I might not recognize it if I came across it.

The mag edition that has Imposcar 2 included (full version verified from Gforce) is the December edition, which isn't out yet fyi.   For $5.99 I'm going to pick it up.

My intro to GForce was a free copy of Minimonsta during a promotion (I forget where). 

Anyways, I was able to update that free copy to Minimonsta2 for a very reasonable price when it came out.

Making the additive waveforms is shown at about 1:17 of the video you posted.

[sarcasm] wow 8Dio is having a sale! [\sarcasm]

But kidding aside, they have some great stuff IMO and currently are having a couple of sales, most notably a "Halloween sale" with a variety of instruments steeply discounted: https://8dio.com/collections/halloween-2023-promotions  Of those, Supercluster is the only one I have...nothing amazing, but some nice sort of windy, dystopian kinda sounds, which I was looking for at the time, so felt I got at least $10 of use out of it :)  

Audio Assault is having at "3 plugins for $14.99 sale".

There are 2 pages with plugins. Be aware that quite a few of the guitar amp plugins are also available in Amp Locker, which is free. 

https://audioassault.mx/collections/plugins?page=1

I haven't run the demos yet or made a decision but I'll probably get 3 of the non-amp plugins, just a matter of which ones. 

Waldorf Largo 2 just got announced with special introductory and upgrade pricing:    https://waldorfmusic.com/largo-2/

I can't believe the beating it's taking on the forums.  I'd say about 70% of the comments are negative and flat out bashing.

I like it and it's fixed some major bugs and added a few things.  I'll be updating despite all the negativity.

On 10/27/2023 at 5:51 PM, bill5 said:

[sarcasm] wow 8Dio is having a sale! [\sarcasm]

But kidding aside, they have some great stuff IMO and currently are having a couple of sales, most notably a "Halloween sale" with a variety of instruments steeply discounted: https://8dio.com/collections/halloween-2023-promotions  Of those, Supercluster is the only one I have...nothing amazing, but some nice sort of windy, dystopian kinda sounds, which I was looking for at the time, so felt I got at least $10 of use out of it :)  

Yeah they take it kinda overboard IMO.  They have the type of constant, and varying, sales that make some people anxious that next week they'll get a better deal than this one.   I much prefer the NI type of sales, where you pretty much know what the prices will be and when the sales will be.   But different strokes, I'm sure the way they do sales is exciting to some people.

I have had some hit and miss with their libraries.  Requiem Choir is ok (I didn't want to spend a ton for one of the big dog choirs) but the drum library I got (Blackbird) was really underwhelming.   Mainly, the Kontakt programming was really clunky and didn't have much in the way of options, but it also didn't sound near as good as the demos to me, and that's after I tried various effects.  Right out of the gate, Studio Drummer was better by a ways...I only got Blackbird because after sale and "refer a friend" it was 5 bucks, but for the use I'm getting I'd rather have bought a lunch with that money....

8dio makes really good demos to be sure, I think most are composed by Troels Folmann and he does a great job.  

I've heard that same comment over at vi-control about the hit and miss, but those folks tend to be really picky when it comes to their soundtrack-making tools :D 

• Like 3

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Audio Assault is having a "3 plugins for $14.95 sale" until Nov 6th. 

Their Amp Locker plugin is free and contains many of the amp sim plugins that are available in the 3 for deal. 

For that reason, I downloaded Amp Locker and avoided the other amps. I don't need an huge number of amp plugins, 2 or 3 good ones is enough. 

There are plenty of non-amp sims options. https://audioassault.mx/collections/plugins

I got Double Take, Duality Bass Studio and FreakQ 305 - those are all currently $9.99 so half off.

Haven't fired them up yet but they are installed and available in my DAW. 

I plan on giving them a spin soon.