Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer establishes controller division

1 hour ago, Spider76 said:

How many on this forum bought the ORLA Jamkey? 😁

Lower manual F - F, lack of class compliant (USB) audio/MIDI interface and halfmoon switch, ext. power supply, it´s (to my taste) ugly appearance (yellow/orange and red version w/ big logos on top and backpanel) as also the high price of EUR 2K for "just only" a controller held back many potential buyers, I guess.

It´s weight of 25kilos did the rest I think.

And, upper 61-keys manual is Fatar TP-8O,- but what was the lower manual ? I´ve never found out.

Have in mind you needed the laptop, organ- (and other) software as also audio interface in addition,- all together a price range where a real hi-end dual manual organ clone comes in reach too.

😊

A.C.

Yep. Exactly all the issues that Anotherscott outlined in his post. And which make a dual manual waterfall-hammer action controller commercially unviable.

I doubt that any possible future solutions will be much smaller, lighter or cheaper...

Back to the B controller, I doubt that it will ever become a reality, at least in that form and features.

Quite simply because the Arturia Keylab is different 🤣

13 hours ago, Anderton said:

Am I the only person who doesn't like wheels above the keyboard?

Nope.  I feel the same way.  Switching from a Motif-XS6 to a MODX7 as my main gigging machine, it's the one thing that I'm still not quite used to, even after a couple years.  What's keeping me from switching back is the immense power under the hood of the MODX compared to the Motif, especially the "seamless sound switching," even though it's limited to 4 part performances, and the fact that the MODX7 is a little more than half the weight of the Motif-XS6.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

23 minutes ago, LarsHarner2 said:

I think and I am biased the Arturia layout is better- pads on the left, transport controls in the center and faders/drawbars on the right.

Faders on the right, highly irksome.  😉
No Arturia Keylab on my wishlist.  

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Looks interesting.  IMHO it's good that Behringer is keeping the footprint small by putting the pitch bend and mod wheels above and staying away from silly artsy bulbous end caps. Hopefully Behringer keeps the weight down and includes a SW waterfall action that's not too "springy".  Someone up thread mentioned adding an expression pedal input as well as a high trigger point option which would be plusses. 

It'd be cool if Behringer also offered a 73 key of the same SW waterfall action board as well fully-weighted 73/76 and 88 key versions.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

If they had a 76/73 key semi-weighted version I would for sure buy it.

If they are starting a new division, does this mean they might bring back the Motör series?  I would buy one just to see the moving sliders 😂.

Instruments: Walters Grand Console Upright Piano circa 1950 something, Kurzweil PC4-88, Ibanez TMB-100
Studio Gear: Audient EVO16, JBL 305P MKII monitors, assorted microphones, Reaper

6 hours ago, GotKeys said:

I would buy one just to see the moving sliders 😂.

Mmmmmmmm moving sliders so mesmerizing. Back in the 2000s i bought a Roland VS2480 and the faders are a beautiful ballet. As well as very helpful. Hee hee. 

I must admit Id be a sucker for motorized DRAWBAR faders on a reasonable priced controller.  There is one clone I know with them.

3 hours ago, AUSSIEKEYS said:

I must admit Id be a sucker for motorized DRAWBAR faders on a reasonable priced controller.  There is one clone I know with them.

I would love that too, it does away with all the previous solutions to this problem like the Nord LED drawbars that few seem to like, or the Yamaha LEDs in addition to real physical drawbars, both of which have compromises.  The only clone(s) I know of that have motorized drawbars are the Dexibell keyboards.

Instruments: Walters Grand Console Upright Piano circa 1950 something, Kurzweil PC4-88, Ibanez TMB-100
Studio Gear: Audient EVO16, JBL 305P MKII monitors, assorted microphones, Reaper