Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Air Fryer - got one? If so, fave recipe?

We have a food Genie, and really like it.

I find it excels at meat prep.  Check out this pork loin recipe:

Air Fryer Dry-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin 

Prep:

15 mins

Cook:

30 mins

2 tablespoons brown sugar 

1 tablespoon smoked paprika

1 teaspoon ground mustard

1 teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon onion powder

½ teaspoon ground black pepper

¼ teaspoon garlic powder

¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

1 tablespoon olive oil 

1 (1 1/2 pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed

Stir brown sugar, paprika, ground mustard, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl until evenly combined.

Brush olive oil on pork tenderloin until coated. Rub spice mixture on all sides of tenderloin and let sit for 5 minutes.

Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

Carefully place tenderloin in the air fryer basket and cook, undisturbed, in the preheated air fryer for 20 minutes.

Transfer tenderloin to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.

dB

• Like 2

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Sounds yummy Dave. We have an air fryer (actually 2) and use them for all sorts of things. Anything you can find in Trader Joe's frozen appetizers section-pot stickers, chicken wings etc. - comes out great for example. Also reheating leftover pizza. One thing we discovered that I've never seen mentioned elsewhere, is they make great hot dogs too!

• Like 1

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

On 4/8/2022 at 8:31 AM, Threadslayer said:

Sounds yummy Dave. We have an air fryer (actually 2) and use them for all sorts of things. Anything you can find in Trader Joe's frozen appetizers section-pot stickers, chicken wings etc. - comes out great for example. Also reheating leftover pizza. One thing we discovered that I've never seen mentioned elsewhere, is they make great hot dogs too!

Yup, I’m hip to the TJ’s appetizers thing.  Never tried hot dogs…but not surprised they work well.

Get this - I even have a killer fried chicken air fryer recipe!  Comes out MUCH better than one would expect.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Yeah, I got a little combo air fryer/toaster oven last fall. Great purchase, got rid of my toaster and use my microwave and my oven a lot less. Great for reheating things, frozen food, all kinds of stuff. Don't know that I have many air fryer-specific recipes, but it's good for a grilled cheese, say. Little sourdough, butter or mayo according to your taste, maybe a couple different cheeses if you're feeling saucy... I like to dip mine in BBQ sauce, too.

• 6 months later...

Latest addition to the air fryer arsenal:

image.thumb.png.fa094c0a877e2b601e231afe59d144ce.pngShare

We put them in the bottom of the drawer under the basket on ours and it works wonderfully. We made bacon this morning (real not microwave), 400 degrees F for 8 minutes and it came out Perfect with zero mess. Highly recommend.

• Like 1

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain